Emergency Shelter NFI Coordinator
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
07 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Emergency Shelter NFI Coordinator
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
• Ensure that the Shelter-NFI activities are implemented according to the approved donor and government agreements.
• Planning, implementation, monitoring, reporting and review of response activities as per the agreed document with donor and partners.
• Carrying out needs assessments and identify activities to increase awareness and enhance hygiene behaviour change.
• Develop request of material needed for Shelter-NFI and The project activities and design IEC material according to the specific targeted group (adult, children, persons living with disabilities).
• Design, monitor and implement Emergency Shelter & Settlement activities according to the identified needs. Those may include but are not limited to: conduct sex and age segregated consultations with the affected community, Shelter-NFI kits distributions, Shelter-NFI kits use demonstrations, training and follow up of community key stakeholders.
• Design, monitor and implement The project activities that keep the community and the staff safe from the risk of COVID-19 spread (maintain physical distance, activities and training implemented in open or well ventilated spaces etc.).
• Initiate procurement of Emergency Shelter with support of CO Supply chain team and control and validate the quality of the material to purchase and received (particular for Shelter-NFI kits).
• Conduct Vulnerability assessment of the IDPs and host community households to ease targeting process and conduct beneficiary targeting, registration and verification in collaboration with local administration.
• Prepare distribution plan and organize distribution of Shelter-NFI by adhering to COVID 19 Infection prevention protocol. In collaboration with other sectors staffs will lead Shelter-NFI distribution planning, its implementation and and monitoring.
• Provide daily/weekly report to immediate supervisor.
• Be based in the targeted regions (depending on the needs) for several days per week to monitor the activities, including overnight stay in rural areas.
• Work in close coordination with the community and all its representatives, including women, children, elderly and persons living with disabilities to ensure the specific needs and suggestions from all targeted beneficiaries are known. Work in close coordination with the Shelter-NFI and settlement officers and other sectors colleagues to ensure that the overall Shelter and NFI and settlement response address the needs of the targeted population, in the respect of dignity and local culture.
• Lead regular data collection in the field during needs assessments, post distribution monitoring, baseline and end-line surveys.
• Prepare project progress reports for S & S theme of the project
• Responsible for budget, HR & other Sheltering sector resources management
• BSC degree in Civil engineering, Construction Management/technology, water resources engineering, Hydraulic Engineering or related field
• A minimum of 5 years related work experience in the area of emergency Shelter and NFI out of which at least 2-year experience in humanitarian response
• Experience in working with in Emergency Shelter assistance. This includes technical support, capacity building and coordination.
• Excellent understanding of Emergency Shelter and settlement issues in Ethiopia/Region at both field and policy levels.
• Experience of emergency shelter construction, HLP
• Good presentation, training and facilitation skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills and an ability to train and mentor staff
• Proven ability to manage a complex and demanding workload
• Afar and Amharic spoken and written Preferred, good spoken and written English,
• Good computer and report writing skill
At least 2 years’ experience working in NGOs on emergency Shelter and settlement is an added advantage
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.