Director of Finance and Administration
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• HI360 is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Director of Finance and Administration for the anticipated USAID Improving Quality of Healthcare (IQH) Project in Ethiopia. The IQH Project’s purpose is to build capacity of urban and peri-urban PHCUs and referral health facilities in planning and delivering of client-centered quality reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (RMNCAH) services.
• This activity will improve RMNCAH status of women, adolescent girls and children by increasing readiness of the health facilities and delivery of quality, patient-centered RMNCAH care by increasing competency and performance of healthcare providers and managers, strengthening systems for feedback and accountability and enhancing community participation thereby increasing client satisfaction and service utilization and ultimately prevent maternal and child mortality. It will also support restoration of health services in conflict affected areas by rehabilitation and equipping of damaged facilities. This will be a full-time position based in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia for a duration of five years. Ethiopian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Availability of the position is contingent upon successful award of the project to FHI 360.
• The Director of Finance and Administration will be responsible for the oversight and leadership of all financial reporting and administrative operations for the project. The Director will conduct continual analysis of FHI 360 and partner spending and reporting to ensure the financial health of the program and the correct usage of funds. The successful candidate will have familiarity with USAID rules and regulations, will have experience overseeing finance and operations functions within USAID projects, and will have demonstrated ability in managing staff and partner relationships.
• Oversee the development of financial, administrative, human resources and operations management systems and processes required to support activity implementation, ensuring compliance with USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, FHI 360 policies, and host government laws
• Manage implementation of financial, administrative, and HR policies and procedures that meet activity needs and USAID and FHI 360’s requirements
• Oversee procurement efforts for the activity including tenders, calls for proposal selection and negotiation with vendors, and management of subcontractors in compliance with USAID rules and regulations, contract requirements, and FHI 360’s policies
• Develop and manage institutional subcontracts and grants under contracts with assistance from the FHI 360 home office support team
• As a member of the senior management team, play a central role on decision making related to the project, providing succinct and timely information to the SMT across all administrative, finance, and HR activities
• Play a lead role in budget and planning systems across all elements of the project. Ensure that the budget and audit projections, expenditure, tracking, and reporting are in accordance with USAID and FHI 360’s policies and procedures for compliance and audits, as well as compliance with Ethiopian law
• Create and maintain financial reporting and tracking systems and provide financial performance updates on activities. Develop and guide the administrative team on annual work planning, and ensure submission of quality operational plans, budgets, and reports
• Oversees HR management functions including recruitment, hiring, transition, and termination, benefits administration, performance appraisal, and ongoing performance management
• Master’s degree and at least twelve (12) years of progressively senior experience in business administration, finance, accounting, management, or relevant field is required
• At least 6 years managing a finance department is required
• Excellent financial management skills and knowledge of latest project management tools and computer applications such as Microsoft Office and QuickBooks
• Comfortable with cloud-based database tools, like SharePoint, Google Drive and Dropbox
• Knowledge of USAID rules, regulations, and financial reporting required
• Prior experience with procurement compliance and managing grants under contract
• Ability to advise teams on new approaches that sustain or improve project delivery
• Ability to sustain timeliness of program delivery amidst adaptations from changing operational demands and client feedback
• Strong analytical and computer skills, with emphasis on budgeting and financial analysis
• Experience in Sub-Saharan Africa, preferably in Ethiopia highly preferred
• Fluency in Amharic preferred
• Excellent spoken and written communication and presentation skills, with fluency in English
• This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 132
Level of Education: Associate Degree
Job application procedure
• FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
• FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
• FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package,( https://www.fhi360.org/node/689 )professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.