Director, Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning/USAID/Ethiopia/Supply Chain
Jobs at:Management Sciences for Health
Deadline of this Job:
03 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is seeking a Director, Monitoring & Evaluation and Learning (MEL) for a potential five-year Supply Chain for Health Improvement Program (SCHIP) in Ethiopia. The purpose of the program is to develop the capacity of local systems, institutions, and individuals to sustainably manage the health supply chain and to strengthen pharmaceutical services at all levels including the community level, thereby ensuring uninterrupted availability of life saving commodities at service delivery points. This will include a focus on a strategic shift in the public sector’s role in supply chain and pharmaceutical management from beyond being simply operators and service providers to becoming stewards of commodity and service availability and security, including strengthening private sector partnerships to provide operational support. In general, the focus of the activity will be supporting the Government of Ethiopia (GOE), specifically the Ministry of Health (MOH) and the Ethiopian Pharmaceutical Supply Services (EPSS) and respective sub-national leadership, private sector, and other local actors to manage and implement the supply chain and pharmaceutical services to support delivery of quality, essential health services for Ethiopian citizens.
This position is subject to project award and funding.
• The Director, MEL will oversee the monitoring and evaluation and learning system for reporting progress and ensuring availability and use of quality data for adaptive management, and maintain reporting procedures and guidelines in compliance with USAID systems. The Director, MEL will be expected to develop a strong monitoring and evaluation and learning system and plan consistent with the USAID results framework, coordinate the collection of data including conducting field visits for data validation, monitor the quality of data sets, contribute to the adaptive management of the program, oversee the development, maintenance and use of the project technical information management system, and document project performance against established outputs and indicators. S/he will also be responsible for building the capacity of the Government of Ethiopia, Ministry of Health (MOH) and other stakeholders in the collection, utilization, and dissemination of data as well as ensuring that all monitoring and data collection activities are harmonized, and information is shared. The Director, MEL will also assist the MOH to monitor programs and assess the robustness of implementing organizations’ data collection and MEL mechanisms.
• Design and implement the Project’s MEL system, including the development of indicators, setting targets, monitoring project progress, ensuring timely data collection, writing quarterly and annual reports, and liaising with the project financial team to track the budget in relation to all project results and outcomes.
• Provide technical inputs to the technical team in order to assist in developing program goals and objectives as well as MEL tools and strategies and provide monitoring data to strategically inform the decisions on project performance and future direction to the project, for enhanced adaptive management.
• Oversee the development, maintenance and use of the project technical information management system, and its interoperability with the national health information management system. Support the MOH to develop a health sector MEL framework and monitor health system strengthening interventions.
• Provide regularly updated reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to the Chief of Party, USAID and other program managers as required.
• Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and/or outcomes that are worthy of documentation and design a system for capturing lessons learned and best practices.
• Adhere to MSH procurement integrity and institutional standards and procedures in all project management responsibilities.
• Advanced degree in a relevant discipline and at least 8 years of demonstrated experience designing, and implementing monitoring and evaluation activities and special studies for complex programs in developing countries.
• Excellent command of monitoring and evaluation methodologies.
• Knowledge of issues related to integrated health services and support programs.
• Previous experience implementing and managing a rigorous MEL system including developing performance monitoring plans that track performance as sub-results/results and by funding stream.
• Knowledge of data collection protocols to ensure accurate data collection and verification is essential, as well as an ability to identify data trends and communicate this information to allow for changes in program implementation.
• MEL experience in the health sector desired, particularly in health systems strengthening.
• Operations research experience is desired.
• Experience leading and building the capacity of MEL officers, including remote, field-based staff, to meet program needs and deliverables is desired.
• Proven expertise in the management / supervision of health management information systems.
• Extraordinary organizational, verbal and written communication skills to manage project communications and disseminate project information are required.
• Excellent skills in MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and DHIS2.
• Experience with USAID programs/projects strongly preferred.
• Strong written and oral presentation skills in Amharic and general professional proficiency in English required.
• Local candidates strongly preferred.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Follow the link to apply https://msh.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Ethiopia-Addis-Ababa/Director--Monitoring---Evaluation-and-Learning-USAID-Ethiopia-Supply-Chain_R2000
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.