Vacancy title:Digital Media Producer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Media , Category: Advertising & Marketing ]
Jobs at:BBC Media Action
Deadline of this Job:18 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are the BBC’s international charity. We are registered with the Charities and Societies Agency (CSA) of Ethiopia, with registration number 1118. We believe in the power of media for good. BBC Media Action has been working in Ethiopia since 2001 in the areas of health, resilience, youth and women’s empowerment, and livelihoods.
We are recruiting a highly motivated and creative person to join our digital media team in Addis Ababa. The role is an integral part of our digital media team, contributing to the growth and engagement of our online audiences, especially on social media.
Overall Purpose of the Job
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Digital Media Producer, you will be responsible for the day-to-day management of our online platforms, ensuring that the range of contents we produce are engaging, and entertaining, without compromising BBC editorial values as well as project objectives.
As the person responsible for the everyday management of social media outputs, you will be expected to be up-to-speed with the latest digital trends and technology.
This role may involve working with media partners and volunteers, as well as with vulnerable youth and adult populations. As such, the role will absolutely require effective working knowledge of safeguarding policies and procedures in relation to protection of children and vulnerable adults. For the successful candidate, mandatory training will be provided on BBC Media Action’s safeguarding policy and staff code of conduct. A police background check will form part of the recruitment process. BBC Media Action operates a zero-tolerance policy concerning all forms of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people.
• Take responsibility for managing all BBC Media Action Ethiopia’s social media accounts
• Monitor insights and use the data to understand current trends and audience information needs
• Originate and re-purpose BBC Media Action content for the various social media outputs
• Edit, publish and share engaging content (videos, still and motion graphics) across platforms
• Communicate with online audiences and respond to messages and queries
• Deputizing where appropriate for senior team members
• To comply with the BBC’s policies and to apply the principles when carrying out the role
• To comply with all relevant BBC safety rules, procedures and guidelines
REPORTS TO: Senior Digital Media Producer
DURATION: One year, with the possibility of extension depending on funding
Term of contract: Fixed term
CONTRACT: Local terms and conditions. Only Ethiopian Nationals or those legally able to work in Ethiopia are eligible to apply.
• Diploma or equivalent qualification in media studies, journalism, marketing, communication, or related fields at least three years of content creation and social media management
• Proven record of growing online audiences, especially on social media
• Working knowledge of creative tools and applications such as Adobe Creative Cloud
• Experience working with social media business tools and a good understanding of their analytics and algorithms. Three-year experience in content creation and social media management is desirable.
• Passionate about creating engaging and impactful social media content for various platforms
• Fluency in written and spoken Amharic and English is required
• A proven record of creative storytelling for social and behavior change communication purposes is desirable
The following competencies (behaviors and characteristics) have been identified as key to success in the job. Successful candidates are expected to demonstrate these competencies.
• Managing Relationships – has an ability to establish rapport quickly and effectively with new people/contacts. Takes care to maintain and develop existing relationships. Works harmoniously with a wide range of people and deals sensitively with contributors as well as with colleagues. Understands the demands and pressures on others
• Influencing and persuading – able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others.
• Developing Others – able to recognize potential (managerial, professional, artistic or otherwise). Willing to foster the development of potential in others. Creates a climate in which potential can be realized
• Creative Thinking – able to come up with creative ideas and turn them into compelling and high impact contents. Respectful and collaborative approach to creative ideas of colleagues
• Planning and organization – able to think ahead in order to establish efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Ability to prioritize, taking into account all the relevant issues and factors, such as deadlines, staffing and resources
• Teamwork – able to build and maintain effective working relationships with a range of people, as opposed to working separately or competitively
• Resilience – can manage emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations. Demonstrates an approach to work that is characterized by commitment, motivation and energy.
• Flexibility – able to adapt and work effectively in a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organization or job requirements
• Time and Stress Management – good time management and ability to prioritize a heavy workload under pressure
• Self-development – able to identify and apply opportunities for learning and development • Diploma or equivalent qualification in media studies, journalism, marketing, communication, or related fields at least three years of content creation and social media management • Proven record of growing online audiences, especially on social media • Working knowledge of creative tools and applications such as Adobe Creative Cloud • Experience working with social media business tools and a good understanding of their analytics and algorithms. Three-year experience in content creation and social media management is desirable. • Passionate about creating engaging and impactful social media content for various platforms • Fluency in written and spoken Amharic and English is required • A proven record of creative storytelling for social and behavior change communication purposes is desirable ">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements should ONLY send cover letter and CV with three names of reference to email@example.com use the job title as the subject line, before OR on July 18, 2022.
Note: copies of transcripts, academic degrees or recommendation letters should not be included with your application. You will provide the documents upon request.
Only applicants meeting the minimum qualification will be shortlisted and contacted.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities and duties.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.