DANIDA Project Coordinator for Skills and Opportunities for YEE
Jobs at:Plan International Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
13 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
DANIDA Project Coordinator for Skills and Opportunities for YEE
The position holder will be responsible for implementation and realization DANIDA Project in Skills & Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurships (SOYEE), working closely with Hawassa Polytechnic College, Industrial Park, Municipal Water Supply Services and other private sectors. He/she is also responsible for leadership, capacity building accountable to donor engagements, partnership networking, financial management, etc., delivering high quality activities, outputs, outcomes and impact in accordance with DANIDA Project Design and Plan’s Program quality standards and frameworks.
Program design & management (35%)
• Engagement in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of DANIDA SOYEE project activities; deliver the outputs, outcomes and impact of the project interventions and activities
• Leads the implementation of DANIDA SOYEE project & its components & initiatives, ensuring consistency with agreed project goal & objectives as well as high quality delivery
• Lead and manage implementation of DANIDA SOYEE project interventions that focus on soft & hard skill trainings, reducing migration and promoting job creation liaising with employers, achieving employment & entrepreneurship
• Lead the employability aspect of the project participants for both Wage and Self-Employment areas working with state & non-state partners in the area
Budget management (25%)
• Work closely with Grants Compliance and the Project staff to ensure good performance in all aspects related to grant management.
• Deliver managerial accountability with particular attention to program quality and timely utilization of budgets in line with annual plans, project plans and donor requirements.
• Ensure efficient management of financial resources, including preparation and forecasting of monthly budget; review of monthly/quarterly/annual budget versus expenditure and budget-re-phasing, monitoring expenditures, and implementing cost control measures.
Leadership/People Management (10%)
• Lead the harmonization and integration of the project implementation with Country Office team of the project and Program Area support and project team; experience sharing and learning with SOYEE teams at the PA level to ensure a smooth working and enabling environment that engenders good team work, to create operational integration and high performing teams.
• Provide leadership, coaching for results and support to the project staff at the PA level as well as in their individual development and performance management processes.
• Partnership development & strengthening (15%)
• Establish links and good relationships with relevant government, academic institutions and NGOs in the PA for the project implementation efficiency and effectiveness.
• Develop and strengthen the capacity of partner/TVET staff in the project technical aspects and implementation.
Policy influence & networking (15%)
• Serve as principal representative at the PA level for DANIDA SOYEE Project networks, platforms, clusters and other institutional spaces.
• Engage with partners and stakeholders and other entities to ensure effective and quality program implementation through collaborative partnerships and alliances, and to positively influence policy debates and policy makers.
Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
• Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
• Ensures that all staff in the unit/function/department are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day to day work.
• Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Social Work or equivalent.
• A minimum of 5 years of experience out of which 2 years with NGO
• Demonstrated experience in managing youth empowerment/employment or Economic Empowerment projects
• Experience in Capacity building, training & facilitation in soft & hard skills and job creation
• Experience in working with vocational training centres, liaising and networking with stakeholders, and private sectors
• Clear understanding of relevant government’s policies, strategies, programs and priorities related to youth employment and entrepreneurship
• Understanding government private sector policies and programs in vocational/skill training and job placement
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
• Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development.
• Fluency in English language is essential
• In addition to Amharic, Knowledge of Local Languages is a desirable
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
The closing date for the application is July 16, 2022. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the links provided below.
For internal applicants:
For external applicants:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
Make sure to mention your specific location on your Application letter for which location you are applying.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated links.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to Apply
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from violence and abuse. That means we have particular responsibilities to children that we come into contact with.
Plan International believes that in a world where children face so many threats of harm, it is our duty to ensure that we, as an organisation, do everything we can to keep children safe. We must not contribute in any way to harming or placing children at risk.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.