Vacancy title: Country Finance Manager[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Finance, Insurance & Real Estate ]
Jobs at: Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS)
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal / External Vacancy Announcement
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) wants to recruit employees in the following vacant positions the details of which are mentioned bellow.
About the Ethiopian Red Cross Society
The Ethiopian Red Cross Society (ERCS) was established in 1935 and is one of the oldest and largest humanitarian organizations in Ethiopia. ERCS provides services to communities affected by natural and manmade disasters through the provision of emergency responses, ambulance and first aid, family reunification, essential drugs, water and sanitation, and other humanitarian services. ERCS also runs disaster risk reduction programs with the aim of creating resilience households and communities. Currently the ERCS has a structure consisting of 12 Regional Offices, 34 Zonal Branches and 131 District/Woreda Branches, 599 Woreda Red Cross Committee and 5871 Kebele Red Cross committees.
Area of Responsibility
• All financial management aspects of the financial support provided by DRC to Ethiopia Red Cross (ERCS)
• All financial management aspects related to the Country Office finances
• Support country manger and programme delegates on financial issues
• Ensure compliance
Work unit: International Finance Unit of Danish Red Cross in Ethiopia
Reporting to: Country Manager (CM)
Terms of employment: Contract for one year
Place of Work: Addis Ababa with regular visits to the regions
For more details click the link below: 182, Country Finance Manager Ethiopia DRC.docx
Qualification and essential
• Second/ first degree in Accounting or Business Administration
• Relevant experience of minimum 8/10 years in finance management and programming.
• Experience in preparing budgets, cash flow statements and financial plans
• Experience in preparing narrative and financial reports
• Full proficiency in Microsoft Office and advanced proficiency in excel is a prerequisite
• Excellent communication, planning, facilitation and coordination skills.
• Ability to monitor budgets and plans
• Knowledge and experience of accounting software packages
• Fluency in English speaking and writing is a requirement.
• Good analytical skills
• Good cultural understanding and the ability to build confidence of partners in a challenging multicultural environment
• Excellent networking and facilitation skills
• Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines
• Strong team player.
• Organised and self-starter in prioritizing work load.
• Accuracy and fine attention to details.
• Tact and diplomacy.
• Ability to assume responsibility.
• Honest and reliable.
• Dynamic and proactive.
• Willingness to work away from home and participate in field visits
• Readiness to work flexible hours.
• Willingness to travel
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.