Jobs at:CARE Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Terms of Reference (ToR) for consultancy service to conduct Livestock Emergency Guidelines and Standards (LEGS) training in Liben, Somali region and Borena, Oromia region
introduction and background
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls in the center because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. This Core Values Commitment describes who we are, what we do, and how we do it. It reflects our Core Values of transformation, integrity, diversity, excellence, and
Equality, which serve as a foundation for all that we do.
CARE is currently implementing USAID-BHA funded multisectoral project named Borena-Liben complex Emergency Response Project in Borena of Oromia region and Liben of Somali region. The agriculture sector has a livelihoodsbased livestock emergency response component. Experiences have shown that the quality of the humanitarian as well as livelihood assistance depends on the skills, abilities, knowledge and commitments of technical staff working in difficult and sometimes insecure conditions. Development/humanitarian partners have the responsibility to provide assistance in a manner that is consistent with rights-based approach, including the right to participation, nondiscrimination and information, as reflected in the body of international human rights, humanitarian and refugee law. Sound management and supervision are key elements of an assistance program and along with capacity building, can help to ensure that minimum standards of livelihoods assistance are implemented.
Cognizant to the need for improved quality and accountable livestock-based emergency response, CARE Ethiopia planned to organize two LEGS training for its project staffs and partners staffs in Liben zone of Somali region and Borena zone of Oromia region. According to LEGS, two accredited trainers are required to facilitate a training.The training will be conducted in Filtu and Yabello town of Somali and Oromia regional State respectively. CARE Ethiopia, therefore invites qualified firms and/or individuals with accreditation and relevant experiences in delivering LEGS training services indicated in this ToR.
objective of the assignment
The task of the consultant will, therefore, be conducting three days two LEGS trainings in two locations i.e., in Filtu or Dollo ado town, Liben zone of Somali region and Yabello town in Borena zone of Oromia region, for participants drawn from government partners, CARE staff and for interested NGO Staffs in the project locations. The training is expected to have 12 sessions to address the aim and objective of LEGS training.
scope of the service
• Develop the training programs, Agenda and materials in line with LEGS training requirements
• Prepare all the materials required to facilitate the training (LEGS training manual and handouts – to be copied by
CARE and power point presentations to lead and facilitate the training)
• Deliver the training program for participants in the two locations as per the plan that will be scheduled in close consultation with CARE Ethiopia Humanitarian Program Manager (HPM) and Emergency Response Managers (ERM)
• Prepare a training delivery methodology and schedule with full itinerary of the activities/duties;
• Work closely with CARE Ethiopia HPM to develop a training plan with deliverables as well as agenda for each training session,
• Deliver training for participant with the overall objective of capacity building to manage humanitarian programs according to the international standards, improving the speed, quality and effectiveness in respond to emergencies. In addition to enable the participants to understand and recognize quality and accountability issues in humanitarian response as well as enable the trainees to use the LEGS hand book to design, plan, implement, monitor and manage humanitarian programs to highest possible quality.
• Prepare and submit a detailed report of the training program along with photographs that show the progress of the training activity, training evaluation and list of participant’s profile.
expected outputs and deliverables
• Conduct pre-training and post-training evaluations of the training, and include the results in the main report;
• Training outline and contents, handouts and simplified template/ forms on how each able to describe and apply the LEGS four-stage approach to response; Identify appropriate livelihood-based livestock interventions in emergency response; and Design and implement response interventions according to LEGS standards and guidelines.
• Coaching (group and individual) during the training on how they are going to implement and or incorporate LEGS standards into their Livelihoods based emergency response actions and procedures.
• Prepare and submit final report at the end of the training regarding the delivery of the training program
Assignment period and coordination mechanism
The service provider shall consult and coordinate with CARE Ethiopia HPM and ERM to accomplish the assignment successfully. The service provider needs to report on the progress of the assigned tasks as per the detailed outlined in the ToR. The training is planned to be conducted in June 202, beginning second week based on convenient time for the training service providers and Filtu and Borena Field offices. CARE Ethiopia shall monitor and provide regular technical assistance in planning and implementation of the aforementioned training program. Therefore, the selected training service provider will be required to keep close and constant interactions with CARE Ethiopia-HPM to ensure the proper organization of the training. CARE Ethiopia Field offices will arrange the training venue, copies of relevant training materials and all associated expenses for the trainee. It also monitors the quality of the training in line with and as per its procedures and protocol. The two training can be facilitated on consecutive, same or different dates.
Reporting and documentation
The training service provider will maintain proper documentation process of the training and assess evaluation and quality of the training through standard LEGS template. In addition, the contracted training service provider will share training related data, information, report and all training deliverables.
required qualifications, skills and experiences
• The training service provider individual/ firm team should have a minimum of BSs in Animal Science/Animal Health and /or DVM degree in Veterinary Medicine;
• The training service providers/ training facilitators must be LEGS accredited trainer (could present certificate)
• Relevant work experience, especially in delivering training within the NGOs environment, experiences on livelihoods, Livestock and related issues;
• Experience in dealing with the issues of humanitarian response, understanding and skills in Livelihood’s response programming principles and procedures
• A consultancy firm/ individual that could provide evidences about their previous work experiences in relation to this assignment; and experience of delivering LEGS training
• Experience of conducting participatory trainings
• Proven capacity to deliver practical training, experience in documentation, reporting and evaluation of training program
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Deadline to submit the proposal is not later than June 17, 2022. All applications should submit sealed technical and financial bids in a separate envelop at CARE Ethiopia country office located in Addis Ababa, Hayahulet Mazoria, Behind Lex Plaza Building, and Near Ha Geez Restaurant on or before June 17, 2022, until 10AM (4:00 Local time).
CARE Ethiopia reserves the right to accept or reject the bid.
For any clarification request please call 0116183294
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.