Jobs at:Mary Joy Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
17 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 09, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Compliance Officer is responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling the functions of internal audit. She/he identifies financial and operational risk areas, reviews and appraises the system of internal control system within the MJE to give reasonable assurance to adherence to acceptable standards, policies, procedures, and legal requirements
Job Specific roles and responsibilities
• Prepares annual internal audit, plans and work schedules;
• Performs audit in a professional manner and in accordance to Generally Accepted Auditing Standards and ensures that the Charities and Societies Law are properly implemented by MJE;
• Carries out audit of financial, procurement and operational activities;
• Reviews the MJE’s activities on a monthly and annual basis to ascertain that policies and procedures are complied with;
• Performs monthly and annual examinations to ensure that financial and administrative system and practices are adhered to the accepted standards;
• Carries out ad hoc investigation audits when required by the ED;
• Reviews and ensures the effectiveness of internal control system and guidelines in safeguarding organization assets, achieving efficiency and economy in operations, and compliance with MJE and government regulations, and activity results;
• Prepares and submits along with the audit report proper and clearly understandable, working papers accurately cross referenced all evidential matters supporting findings and assertions to management;
• Follows-ups and ensures that the recommendations of external auditors are implemented and gives feedback to the management;
• Prepares summarized quarterly reports and present to MJE board;
• Provides assistance for all work units of MJE in recommending improved and more effective methods and control system;
• Ensures that all properties purchased/owned by MJE are insured on time;
• Ensures that funds are managed efficiently and effectively;
• Brings problem areas to the attention of management and proposes corrective measures to be taken;
• Prepares annual and monthly audit reports and submits to the ED;
• Performs any other related duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Direct Report to: Board of Director
Administratively report to: Executive Director
• BA degree in accounting and finance or related experience
• 6 years of relevant work experience.
• Basic computer skills.
• Good Communication & Interpersonal Skill.
• Frequently Travel to filed areas.
• Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.