Community Mobilization Assistant
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 13, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender equality, youth, research, technology, communication, and social marketing — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development and humanitarian challenge in more than 70 countries. FHI 360’s Crisis Response team is responding to the humanitarian emergency in the northern part of Ethiopia, focusing on emergency health, nutrition and WASH activities to support the goal of reducing morbidity and mortality.
• Under the supervision of the Protection Officer the Community Mobilization Assistant will oversee providing psychosocial case management services to women affected by conflict and specifically providing support to survivors of gender-based violence. They will oversee identifying the needs of the women and refer them to appropriate care to meet their needs.
• Mobilize and engage community members, structures and partners in prevention and response events in the community including discussions, trainings etc;
• Coordinate with partners to integrate GBV prevention activities in their activities.
• Facilitate community events to create awareness on the prevention of and response to GBV.
• Engage community members and structures including IDP Committee, women's association, youth and children to design participatory strategies and actions to prevent &respond GBV
• Identify special needs of the women and liaise with the Protection Officer to meet these needs.
• Engage community PSEA focal points to establish community-based complaints mechanisms and to raise awareness toward PSEA.
• Support and mentor the facilitators, community volunteers and Protection Committees to provide psychosocial first aid to women in need
• Identify gaps / challenges in service delivery and coordinate with relevant actors to ensure that safe and confidential services are made available and accessible to vulnerable women.
• Work closely with partners, and community leaders, and focal points, to develop strategies for preventing violence related to firewood collection;
• Monitor protection concerns for women and girls in the community and share concerns with actors providing services;
• Maintain records of activities and produce regular t including weekly updates or Situational Reports
• Conduct an incidence trends analysis each quarter for purposes of learning, future programing, and advocacy.
• Practice self-care.
• Always adhere to the GBV protection guiding principles.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• There are 31 FHI360 development competencies. The focus for this particular job will be:
• Project Management (Planning and Time Management) - accurately scopes out length and difficulty of tasks (sets objectives/goals/measures). Breaks down work into steps, schedules, task/people assignments. Marshal's people, time, and resource efficiently. Arranges information in a useful manner and orchestrates multiple activities at once.
• Problem Solving – analyzes problems, seeks input from others and considers a variety of solutions. Chooses most efficient and effective solutions with attention to the impact that solution has on other projects and tasks.
• Technical Skills and Learning – lets go of outdated processes and procedures, seeks out resources to enhance technical skills, and readily learns new industry processes, systems and products.
• Employees are expected to possess or have high potential for development of these three fundamental competencies.
• Applied Knowledge & Skills:
• Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients and staff.
• Must be able to read, write and speak fluent English, fluent in host country language as appropriate.
• Basic knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures with project design.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software.
• Ability to problem solve and recommend corrective action as needed.
• Strong organizational and attention to detail needed to adhere to project deadlines.
• Effective communications in information shared by ensuring attention is paid to the specific components (i.e., formatting) of the communication, successful delivery and accountability for specific components (i.e., keeping timelines updated).
• Problem Solving & Impact:
• Works on problems that are limited in scope.
• Problems are routine in nature and are standard procedures and policies.
• Works independently and within a team on special non-recurring and ongoing projects.
• Exercises judgment within defined practices and policies to perform duties.
• Decisions made generally affect own job or specific functional area.
• Supervision Given/Received:
• Has no supervisory responsibility.
• Uses independent judgment to determine workflow and priorities.
• Receives instructions on new assignments.
• Typically reports to Protection Officer.
• BSc/BA in Sociology, Psychology, Social Sciences, Behavioral Sciences, or its recognized equivalent with 1-3 years of relevant experience with NGO or CBO.
• One-year relevant experience in Gender Based Violence programming including Case Management is desirable.
• Experience in facilitating training and mentorship of local communities to support protection activities.
• Understanding and commitment to protection rights and issues.
• Fluent in local language and excellent in English.
• Typical Physical Demands:
• Typical office environment.
• Ability to spend long hours looking at computer screen and doing repetitive work on a keyboard.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to lift/move up to 5 lbs.
• Technology to be Used:
• Personal Computer/Laptop, Microsoft applications (i.e., Office 365, SharePoint, Skype/Zoom/Teams), cell phone/mobile technology, and standard office equipment.
• Travel Requirements:
• Less than 10%
• This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 12
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
• FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
• FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
• And interested candidates are encouraged to apply through https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/FHI_360_External_Career_Portal/job/ Sekota-Ethiopia/Community-Mobilization-Assistant_Requisition-2022201138 (myworkdayjobs.com) on or before April 28, 2022
• Please click here https://fhi.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/ FHI_360_External_Career_Portal to continue searching FHI 360's Career Portal.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.