Community Development Facilitator (CDF)- Metti
Jobs at:Farm Africa
Deadline of this Job:
27 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Purpose of the role
• The Community Development Facilitator (CDF) will be based in a specific project Woreda and community work under the direction and guidance of the Project Coordinator and field team. The Community Development Facilitator will be responsible for the implementation of the Majang project activities at the community level.
• The CDF is responsible for the overall implementation of project activities at community level with the participation of the community, CBOs, local government and other stakeholders. The CDF bridges the link between the project field team and the communities and local government representatives and engage in community/institutional capacity building activities.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Implement Project Activities at Community Level
• Work together with the Majang project team and government partners to achieve the project outputs/outcomes at his/her specific woreda
• Facilitate the targeting task of project intervention areas and beneficiaries
• Facilitate the establishment of Participatory Forest management (PFM) CBOs
• Facilitate Forest Management Agreement signing between each CBO and the respective government office together with field teams and partners
• Provide training to PFM CBOs
• Participate in the assessments, studies, surveys, monitoring, review and evaluation activities at the community level
• Facilitate field visits, experience sharing visits at the community level
• Support to identify training needs, prepare training materials, and deliver training, business plan development and other services to CBOs and unions
• Ensure adequate consultation and participation of Woreda and village/community level stakeholders ensuring active participation of women
• With support of the field technical team, provide expertise and advice for community institutions/Organizations on gender mainstreaming in the project scheme
• Facilitate community meetings, dialogues among others, discuss modalities within CBOs
• Prepare progress reports and updates timely
• Support and Facilitate Community/institutional Capacity Building Activities
• Facilitate periodical capacity assessment of CBOs by collecting data using the Organizational and Managerial Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT)
• Ensure implementation of these capacity building plans (including, among others, technical support) in close collaboration with the field technical experts and Woreda level Cooperative Promotion Office.
• Play an Active Role as a Member of the Farm Africa Project Team
• Act as an active member of the project team by identifying and exploring opportunities to improve project implementation and guarantee it’s sustainability
• Contribute to the implementation of Farm Africa’s strategy
• Participate in broader Farm Africa meetings with other project staff members, as requested by line manager
• Carry out other duties assigned by the immediate supervisor/Project Coordinator
• These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
Education, qualifications & other knowledge
• BSc or diploma in Forestry, NRM, rural development or related fields
• Training on Participatory Forest Management (PMF), NRM, Land scape and Watershed management approaches
• Knowledge of Participatory Forest Management (PFM), landscape, watershed management
• Training on participatory learning and action or PRA
• Good understanding and firm belief in gender equality and issues in rural communities
• Three Years work experience in Participatory Forest Management (PFM), NRM, landscape, watershed management in similar organisations
• Work experience in Majang Biosphere area
• Experience in the area of organizational capacity building of community based institutions/Organizations
• Experience in establishing CBOs, groups and building their capacity
• Experience with grassroots NGOs and/or communities in Ethiopia
• Demonstrable experience of participatory development approach
• Experience with participatory rural appraisal (PRA) tools
• Willingness to working rural areas
Skills & abilities
• Basic knowledge verbal and written communication skills in English
• Willingness to work and travel in hardship areas
• Fluent in local languages of the region/area
• Ability to identify problems and solve complex issues
• Good skills of data analysis and good report writing
• Network and excellent relationship with government partners and other stakeholders
• Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specialising in growing agriculture, protecting the environment and developing businesses in rural Africa.
• EXPERT: Expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
• GROUNDED: Our teams and partners work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
• IMPACTFUL: We deliver long lasting change for farmers, their families, and the environments they live in.
• BOLD: We model innovative approaches and are not afraid to challenge strategies that are failing.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing email@example.com with the subject Community Development Facilitator (CDF)- Metti by 27 June 2022.
• Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
• Farm Africa is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Farm Africa does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (E.g. Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.