Jobs at:Good Neighbors Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
04 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Good Neighbors International (GNI) is an international humanitarian and development non-governmental organization, operating in 46 countries with a focus on community development and humanitarian program. Its country office, Good Neighbors Ethiopia (GNE) has a 25-year track record of assisting Ethiopia's most vulnerable and marginalized populations. GNE is present in Ethiopia's Amhara, Oromia, Benishagul Gumez, Sidama, SNNPR, and Addis Ababa city administration. GNE is seeking a competent “Clerk Accountant” to collect cash/checks, sub-recipients, travel/project advance settlement, and others.
Responsible To: Finance and procurement department
Term of Employment: Contract of one year with the possibility of extension.
Duty Station(s): Addis Ababa (Head office)
Required Number: One (1)
Salary & Benefits: Based on the scale of the organization
Overview of the Position
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the collection of cash/checks, sub-recipients, travel/project advance settlement, and others. She/he deposits all collections in the proper bank accounts. She/he also files financial documents, stamps paid mark on all settled invoices and issues check to customers and vendors, registering all checks sequentially on the cash register book.
Duties and Responsibilities;
• Record daily financial transactions
• Coding Transactions & paid stamp
• Hold Safe box cash
• Pay per diem to stockholders, Community development committee, and others using the bank system
• Prepare payment vouchers, petty cash vouchers, and receipt vouchers as per the financial guidelines;
• Ensures that all collections are made against official receipts
• Ensure that deposits are made every day against the official bank slip (i.e. Deposit slip)
• Order checkbooks and keeps custody of the same;
• Ensure that all payment vouchers are supported by valid and authorized documents;
• Registers all payments on petty cash summary and present it to accounts for verification and replenishment;
• Feed all payments of petty cash using software
• Feed Income tax, Withholding, and pension using the E-Tax system,
• Feed Purchase Using E-TAAS System,
• Performs additional job-related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor
• Carry out any other duties as outlined by the Department head;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting & finance.
• Minimum of 2 years of related work experience.
Required Languages – English and Amharic
• Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
• Demonstrated capacity to undertake assigned responsibilities and work under pressure;
• Accounting Software
• Ability to work as a team
• Commitment to the “No- harm” policy.
• Computer literate especially in MS word, MS excel and PowerPoint;
• Well organized, attention to detail, and have some analytical skills.
• NGO experience is an asset.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
If you are interested and fulfill the minimum requirements, please apply by sending a Cover Letter, CV, and relevant documents to email@example.com. The deadline for the application is 4th November 2022. Only short-listed applicants will be considered for the exam.
Note: Use “Clerk Accountant “as the subject line of your email!
For further information call: Phone: +251251-115578614
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.