Child Protection Project Officer
Jobs at:Save the Children
Deadline of this Job:
7 june 2022
Date Posted: Monday, June 06, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Key areas of accountability: (child protection project officer)
• Assists the Project Manager in overseeing the planning, budgeting and implementation of CP project CP interventions.
• Establish/strengthen community based child protection mechanisms to prevent and protect children.
• Identifies community based child protection mechanisms capacity gaps and participates in building their capacity.
• Facilitate and lead community awareness raising and sensitization programs to promote positive values of the society towards children.
• Facilitate and lead the economic empowerment of families and their children.
• Facilitate and provide trainings, workshops for community members, and other stakeholders.
• Lead and facilitate best interest determination (BID) panel to guarantee best interest of the children.
• Assist establishing/strengthening referral linkages.
• Facilitate multi sectorial linkages at Woreda level to prevent, protect and respond to child protection risks.
• Identify, register and refer abused and exploited children for child protection services.
• Work as a case manager or case management focal person at Woreda level.
• Promote and improve quality service delivery to fulfil children’s right based on SCI vision, mission and values.
• Work closely with Woreda relevant government offices and community based child protection structures
• Assists the CP Project Manager in the preparation and compilation of monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports and for other SCI and donor compliances and requirements.
• Document best practices of the project activities and share with relevant agencies
Qualifications and experience
• Bachelor Degree in an area of social science, health and other developmental field or equivalent
• Recommended a minimum of 2 years’ experience in an NGO environment, preferably with experience in community based child protection project
• Knowledge and understanding of national Child wellbeing systems, and technical knowledge on child wellbeing monitoring and evaluation
• Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching
• Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in an environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Good knowledge of the regional context of assignment and prior experience in working with pastoralist communities
• Strong results orientation and ability to work under pressure
• Experience of successfully implementing changes to processes to improve and monitor quality standards and impact achieved
• Experience of facilitating and shaping programmes to deliver greater efficiency and effectiveness, s
• Experience of solving complex issues through analysis, definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
• Fluency in Afar Affe is Mandatory,
• Fluency in English, both verbal and written, required
• Commitment to Save the Children values
• Proven team work experience
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://stcuk.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.