Jobs at:Addis Ababa Chamber of Commerce and Sectoral Associations (AACCSA)
Deadline of this Job:
17 November 2022
Date Posted: Monday, November 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Secretary General, the Chief Economist will have primary responsibility for the initiation, development, coordination, and production of economic, policy and financial analysis for Addis
Chamber. The position holder will have a broader scope of responsibility encompassing the planning, supervision, and coordination of the economic and policy related researches. He/she will coordinate and spearhead the Chamber’s policy advocacy engagement by working closely with the Secretary General by identifying, researching on, making producing professional presentations on economic development policies, advocacy issues and trends.
The Chief Economist conducts and oversees policy and advocacy research on emerging issues and trends in Ethiopia and the region. As and when needed, the Chief Economist will represent the Secretary General at high-level meetings, panels, and for both from the perspectives of policy work and advocacy. In addition, the Chief Economist will provide analysis for formulation of strategies and briefings to Chambers management
• Education: MA/MSC degree in Economics, Business Law, Development Economics and other related areas of specialization
• Work Experience: Must have a minimum of 10 years of work experience out of which at least 5-year experience in similar Positions
Technical And Other Skills
• Proficient in data analysis soft wares such as SPSS, Stata, etc.
• Computer (MS word, Excel, Power Point) and Internet browsing skills;
• Excellent written and spoken English languages;
• Good interpersonal and communication skills and team oriented;
• Hands on skills in conducting research, policy analysis and advocacy matters
• Good ethical behavior, comprehensive understanding of national and international economy, trade and investment environment
• Demonstrated technical ability, sound judgment, ability to interact and work effectively with others at all levels;
• Good conceptual understanding of participatory approach
• Ability to discharge responsibility and problem solving mindset
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are invited to submit non-returnable CV and credentials within 10 calendar days of this announcement to Human Resource and Logistics Service of AACCSA, Mexico Square, Chamber Building, 1st Floor Room No 10 Tel:- +2515542404.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.