Vacancy title: Chief Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Young Men's Christian Association
Deadline of this Job:
21 June 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Young Men's Christian Association, commonly known as the YMCA is one of the pioneers on youth development practice in Ethiopia and part of the global YMCAs movement. YMCA works for youth holistic development through health promotion, supporting active engagement, job readiness through trainings and education.
• Handle full spectrum of financial and cost accounting role eg. AR, AP, GL, forecasting, budgeting etc.
• Responsible for day to day finance and accounts operations
• Perform full set of accounts and ensure timely closing of accounts.
• Perform project cost forecasts/budgets, cost tracking, monitoring and controls.
• Responsible for timely monthly consolidated financial statements, payments, cash-flow management reporting for submission to Executive Director
• Review & approve payment vouchers & journal entries
• Perform cash flow forecasting, budgeting and working closely with the operations and project teams in analyzing margins, variances and cost analysis.
• Issue project cost reports for review and approval.
• Develop and maintain internal control and effective accounting system and policies for the set up.
• Establish and maintain systems for cost-sensitivity analysis and early-warning of cost-overruns
• Work consultatively with the respective departments on cost reduction initiatives
• Prepare and submit quality donors specific periodic report to Immediate management and executive directors
Period of Employment for One year, possible for extension.
Reports to: executive director
• Min B.A Degree in Accounting/Finance qualification
• Min 3-5 years relevant experience in financial & management accounting particularly in NGO
• Preferable in Understanding the IPSAS model
• Certified in Peachtree Accounting or advanced Finance model
• Relevant experience in audit and costing is advantageous.
• Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel.
• Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested Applicant can send their CBV and scanned certificate of credentials through our email: firstname.lastname@example.org within Ten working days of this announcement.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.