Jobs at:Addis Ababa Silk Road General Hospital
Deadline of this Job:
07 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Ensure the name of the customer and the collected amount are accurate, balance the cash register, and generate reports for credit and debit sales.
• Check the Credit customer documents are correct (Eligible for the service, has stamp & ID)
COLLECTION OF REVENUE
• The cashier is tasked with receiving payments from clients through the facilities' approved payment platforms.
• Issuing official receipts for all cash transactions
• Collect revenue by recording financial information; collecting charges for services; and record third-party claims.
• Generating invoices for relevant clients e.g. insured clients seeking services.
• Enforce credit policies.
• Understand insurance packages and make necessary documents available to Insurance agents when the need arises.
• Ensure appropriate insurance guidelines are followed when providing services to clients. e.g. verification of identity, running smart cards appropriately.
• Deposit cheques and/or cash to approved bank accounts and maintain appropriate supporting documents.
• Sort, count and wrap currency and coins and deposit the collected amount to the bank on time.
• Daily issue Z-Report
• Calculate total payments received during a time and reconcile this with total sales. (Compute and record totals of transactions.)
• Responsible for documenting revenues received by ensuring correct receipting or invoicing as per the transaction being performed.
• Responsible for compiling and reporting the revenue collected at the end of each business day, using approved reporting templates.
• Maintain an up-to-date inventory of all facility inventory related to the cashier duties e.g. PDQ machines, mobile phones used to verify customer payments, and sufficient stationery needed to run the office.
• Managing patients’ health data and other personal information and maintaining the confidentiality of said data.
• Maintain relevant databases and filing systems.
• Maintain petty cash logs,
• Ensure documentation to support the submission of insurance claims is in place
ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATIONS
• Undertake daily administrative tasks to ensure the functionality and coordination of the facility
• Ensure all financial activities meet standards set forth in organizational policies and protocols
• Give appointments to patients who want to see the doctor and inform the doctor of their arrival
• Resolve customer complaints, guide them and provide relevant information
• Deliver MRI and CT request papers to Radiographers.
• Maintain clean and tidy work areas
• Maintain confidentiality of all doctor, staff, and patient information.
• Liaise between medical departments with discretion and professionalism
• Adhere to policy and procedures during all activities.
• Assist with admissions/treatment as per agreed protocols.
• Communicate medical results to patients under clinical supervision.
• Provide clear information to clients regarding services at the AASRGH,
• Provide timely feedback to clients to ensure high customer satisfaction.
• Provide support during evacuation of patients from the facility e.g. calling insurance company, contacting appropriate evacuation service, etc. in collaboration with the clinical team.
• Inform patients when test results have been confirmed
• Greet and attend to patients in person and over the phone.
• Professionally assist doctors, staff, visitors, and patients.
• Answer all phone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
• Perform all duties within AASRGH regulations.
• Work experience as a Cashier in the hospital or in a similar role
• Familiarity with cash register and POS if possible.
• Degree/Diploma in Accounting or related field.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Proficiency in MS Office (MS Excel and MS Word)
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Interpersonal Communication/Written and Verbal Communication
• Punctuality, Strong communication, and time management skills
• Customer satisfaction-oriented
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
• Experience in and understanding basic financial management.
• Language: Fluent in English (oral & written).
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Please note that we do not accept applicants in person. Interested applicants shall send their updated resume and application letter by mentioning “Cashier/Receptionist” on the subject line only to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.