Jobs at:Humanity & Inclusion (brand name of Handicap International)
Deadline of this Job:
14 November 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, November 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Cashier is responsible for the regular bookkeeping of one or more cash boxes, keeping the advances ledger, checking supporting documents, preparing payments and compliance with the organization’s standards and the country's regulatory framework.
Mission 1 : Strategy and steering
•Monitors and reports to his or her line manager and functional manager on the cash-related risks of which he or she is aware and contributes towards their mitigation.
Mission 2 : Standards and expertise
•Deploys all of HI’s cash-flow management policies, processes and tools within his or her area of responsibility.
•Complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
•Contributes to internal control within his or her area of responsibility and implements the corrective actions identified.
Mission 3 : Operational implementation
Responsibility 1 : Makes payments and pays advances
•Pays in and disburses money from the cash boxes for which he or she is responsible and records the movements in a cash ledger.
•Pays advances, records them in an advance ledger and clears them.
•Regularly checks the cashbox balances against the cash ledger and the advances ledger.
•Monitors the availability of cash in the cash boxes and alerts the Treasurer if there is a risk of shortage.
•Prepares cheques and bank transfer orders, submits them to the bank signatories and keeps a copy.
•Monitors the number of chequebooks available and orders new ones as necessary.
•Adheres to security and safekeeping procedures and alerts his or her supervisor in the event of an incident.
•Carries out cash inventories and informs the accountant of any outstanding advances at closing of accounts.
Responsibility 2 : Ensures the quality and availability of supporting documents
•Checks the admissibility of the supporting documents with regard to HI and country rules and transmits these supporting documents to the accountant for recording in the accounting Information System (IS) and archiving.
•Monitors advances and their supporting documents.
•Prepares any supporting documents asked for by internal or external auditors.
Mission 4 : Profession facilitation
•Contributes towards the facilitation of the profession’s development in his or her area of responsibility.
Mission 5 : Emergency preparedness and response
•Contributes to the program's emergency preparedness actions and, during an emergency, adapts his/her work modality to contribute to HI’s effective humanitarian response.
• Bachelor Degree in Management, Economics or Accounting or related field with 4 years of related experience. NGO experience is advantageous
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, associates, other department directors and managers and external bodies.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to give attention for Details
• Cash flow Management
• Account Management
• Taw management
• •Good Knowledge of speaking and writing English and Amharic.
• Proficiency in using MS word, Excel Outlook, Access, Publisher, Internet and email, Amharic Software and other relevant software
• Must be able to work independently, proactive, detail oriented, patient and solution focused
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should fill in the attached application form
• Job application form updated (1).docx and submit it with a 1 page motivation letter
• through email@example.com email before the above mentioned deadline.
• Please clearly state the position you apply in the subject of your email other wise it will be rejected automatically. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for exam/interview no phone calls please.
• We’re committed to safeguarding and promoting child protection and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position involves working with beneficiaries and is subject to strict safer recruitment checks. The successful candidate will be required to complete a police check and sign self-declaration form to help us verify your suitability to work with children including checks with past employers.
• Humanity & Inclusion is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes women and persons with disabilities
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.