Jobs at:Ethiopian School Meal Initiatives
Deadline of this Job:
08 November 2022
Date Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• ልጆች ባሉበት ሁሉ ምግብ ይኑር!
• Let there be food wherever Children are!
• Ethiopia School Meal Initiative (ESMI), is a local NGO, non-political and non-denominational organization working to advance holistic, integrated multi-sectorial school meal program in Ethiopia and to address the nutritional needs of school children. Our guiding philosophy upholds that in order to effectively ensure sustainable development, you must invest on school age children.
• The Project Accountant is responsible for preparing payment vouchers, journal entries, processing financial transactions, entering data into the computer, making reconciliation, preparing reports in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and ESMI Accounting and Financial Policies and Procedures.
Responsibilities And Tasks:
• Verifies and ensures the required documentation and authorization is presented before effecting payments and encoding data into the system;
• Prepares Cash and Cheque Payment and Receipt Vouchers ;
• Process payments which involve ensuring all payments are adequately supported by appropriate documentation;
• Write checks based on the approved payment vouchers;
• Ensure that the necessary format and documentation is used before and after payment is effected;
• Ensure all suppliers invoices and bills are paid on a timely basis;
• Enters all financial data into the computer/accounting system;
• Ensure tax and other liabilities are paid out to the relevant authorities on time;
• Prepare monthly payroll of the Branch staff;
• Prepares cash transfer letters;
• Prepares journal entries for, transfers, correction and adjustments;
• Collects Bank statements, debit and credit advices and reconciles bank statements with books of accounts monthly and report to the Head Office;
• Keeps Fixed Asset Register and record new incoming fixed assets;
• Participates in the periodic inventory taking process;
• Prepares trial balance after the end of each month;
• Files all financial documents and reports;
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Gender and inclusion
• Demonstrate understanding of ESMI’s Gender Equality and inclusion Strategy
• Contribute in ensuring ESMI is a place where men and women are treated equally with dignity & respect.
• Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities.
• Inclusion is key element of all project interventions.
Duration: One year contract
• BA/Diploma in accounting and related field.
• 2/4 years job related experience.
C) Technical And Other Skills
• Good communication and presentation skills;
• Well organized and ability to act in a professional and ethical manner;
• Competency in computer applications;
• Knowledge of accounting software.
• Team work: work with colleagues in a team manner and contribute to the team to achieve goal
• Integrate: Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
• Communication: Actively communicate with the team
• Values diversity sees it as a source of competitive strength
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48 00:00:00 Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Emergency project: only will be on air for 7 working days.
• The closing date for the application is after seven working days announcement. Qualified candidates should submit the application through email@example.com . For those who can apply physically you can submit your application letter, CV, credentials at Sekota, ESMI office Contact-0904557977, Bahir Dar behind ANRS Sport commission next to Tana Flora PLC-Contact-0937406828
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.