COVID-19 Researcher Coordinator
Jobs at:Ethiopian Public Health Institute
Deadline of this Job:
25 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Ethiopian Public Health Institute (EPHI) is a technical arm of the Federal Ministry of Health of Ethiopia responsible in conducting research in health and nutrition, managing public health emergency and providing reference laboratory service. Currently the Institute is leading COVID-19 preparedness and responses activities in collaboration with other organizations and stakeholders. The research directorates of the Institute are closely working with emergency operation center to make all program decision evidence based.
1) Coordinate the write up of the research projects
2) Writing manuscript and publishing papers on COVID-19
3) Technically lead activities data analysis, manuscript write up, planning, monitoring, and evaluating of progresses
4) Organizes workshop and conferences
5) Participate in collecting, reviewing, archiving of primary and secondary data relevant to research projects
6) Liaise with EPHI research directorate/units
7) Map partners (who is doing what), compile outputs of COVID-19 related research activities
8) Produce policy briefs from rigorous systematic reviews, in-depth analysis of studies etc.
9) Network with ministry of health, regional health bureaus and partners
10)Support other Operations Research and related activities as needed
PhD in epidemiology or public health from a recognized academic institution is required. A specialized training in research methods, public health systems or related is an advantage.
The incumbent must have experience of at least five years in research work with published articles in recognized scientific journals. Hands on experience in designing research tools, training, and supervising research teams; preferably in academic or research institutions is an asset.
• Ability to coordinate activities in research and/or academic and public health institutes
• Ability to conceptualize, devise and lead research, research strategies/ research themes
• Demonstrated experience in writing research proposals and protocols; designing tools; and conducting interviews, focus group discussions
• Be familiar with local and international research ethics
• Be able to use statistical software such as Stata, SPSS, R or SAS etc.
• Demonstrated research communication and interpersonal communication skills
• Experience working with existing health policies, strategies and plans of the country
• Ability to coordinate research workshops and conferences
• Ability to develop evidence use tracking mechanisms at national and regional levels
• Ability in disseminating research findings with different; publication, policy briefs
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Apply in person
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.