CMAM Assistant (Measurer/Registrar)
Jobs at:Plan International Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
13 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
CMAM Assistant (Measurer/Registrar)
The CMAM Assistant is responsible for implementation of all CMAM related activities including TSFP, IYCF-E at local level using participatory and community based or outreach approaches. S/he is also expected to provide technical support Woreda Health extension Workers and other staff working in the area of under-five nutrition. S/he is also responsible for collecting child Health Data including growth monitoring and sharing for appropriate health expert for case identification based on the biometric information.
Accountabilities and Main work activities
• Carry out TSF, OTP Program activities according to the national protocols (60%)
• Plan and organize food preparation demonstration sessions TSF sites, OTP days at OTP site in coordination with health extension workers.
• Work closely with health and nutrition staff and other prevention nutrition promoters and lead mothers to mother support groups to ensure sustainable child caring practice is implemented at family level.
• Work closely with the teams to ensure all children are screened correctly and cases are identified as early as possible to prevent further deterioration.
• Follow all national and global criteria including admission, discharge and transfer to and from the TSFP to OTP/SC.
• Ensure comprehensive health checks and correct clinical diagnosis at the time of assessment according to the CMAM protocols so that the patient receives appropriate treatment in the relevant program.
• Ensure timely identification of complications, non-respondents and referrals to the SC.
• Own the recording and registering all screened, targeted and benefited children and pregnant and lactating women, ensure correctness, consistence and completeness of the information in the nutrition registers.
• Ensure adequate availability of all medical and food supplies and ensure stock is pre-positioned as planned by discussing with logistics.
• Through cooperation with the community volunteers provide effective follow up of all cases: particularly tracing of children who are absent from the program, sick children, long stay children, children not gaining weight, and children with social problems.
• Support the CMAM officer to provide key IYCF-E and health education messages to beneficiaries based the protocol and guidelines
• Conduct home-to-home beneficiary follow-up and defaulter tracing including nutrition counseling.
• Provide a daily and weekly CMAM report to the CMAM officer.
Effectively implemented capacity building activities for local health facilities (25%)
• Support the CMAM officer in provision of continuous on the job training for the health extension workers and food distribution agents to enhance proper case management and early case findings.
• Support the CMAM officer in during Identifying health workers and health extension workers for technical training for management of acute malnutrition and integrating IYCF-E with other project activities.
• Facilitate health and nutrition trainings for partners where possible (e.g. technical workshops, training on SAM guidelines, IYCF and CBN guidelines, etc).
• To follow up and provide ongoing technical support to the activities of the trained partners
• To participate in the monitoring and evaluation of these activities, and to propose recommendations for developing future intervention in the target area.
Coordinated with Plan- team activities (5%):
• To collaborate and communicate with other Plan program officers (Finance, livelihoods, logistics, etc) to ensure harmonization of activities according to Plan’s mission strategy.
• Inform/update the Emergency Project Coordinator on nutrition activities on a regular basis.
• Timely submitting all expected reports (5%):
• Daily, Weekly and Monthly activity report to be sent to CMAM officer including the best achievements and key challenges.
• Properly documentation of the TSFP and other Nutrition program activities.
• End of mission and handover reports to be sent to the Project CMAM officer before end of mission.
• The CMAM officer will arrange transportation allowance payments with reviewed attendance sheet for the Food Distribution agents.
• Within the scope of the role, there will be additional assignments by the immediate supervisor as needed.
• Seek and promote innovative ideas, approach to ensure quality of work
• Safeguarding Children and Young People (Safeguarding) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI)
• Understands and puts into practice the responsibilities under Safeguarding and GEI policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), ensuring that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures.
• Ensures that the team members under supervision are properly inducted on and understands their role in upholding Plan International’s safeguarding and GEI policies;
• Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in day-to-day work.
• Ensures that Plan Ethiopia contributes to Plan International’s global efforts to ensure safeguarding and GEI, including making sure that relevant reporting and data are submitted.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
• Qualifications/ experience essential:
• Diploma or Level IV in clinical Nursing, Midwifery and Human nutrition from a recognized nurse-training institute and at least four year’s relevant experience.
• At least two years practical experience in TSF program management.
• At least 2 years relevant experience in an international NGO or similar organization.
• Knowledge of policy and practice in the field of Community Based Management of Acute Malnutrition and IYCF-E
• Computer literate in word processing and excel packages an additional assets.
• An understanding of child rights and child protection and fulfilment in the development context.
Qualifications/ experience desirable:
• Profound experience in Maternal and Child Health service provision government health system.
• Experience and/or strong professional links with work in this field in other countries
• Specialist expertise in either Inclusion or Social and gender norm change
• Knowledge of full CMAM and IYCF-E will be an added advantage.
• English language is an official communication at any time.
• In addition to Amharic Knowledge of the local language is an advantage criterion.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
The closing date for the application is July 13, 2022. Qualified candidates should submit their application with the links provided below.
For internal applicants:
For external applicants:
This position is only open to Ethiopian Nationals, who must be eligible to live and work in Ethiopia.
Please note that:
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are not accepting CVs that are not sent through the indicated links.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to Apply
More information about Plan International can be found on http:// plan-international.org
References will be taken and background and anti-terrorism checks will be carried out in conformity with Plans Child Protection Policy. Plan operates an equal opportunities policy and actively encourages diversity, welcoming applications from all persons meeting the skills and experience required.
As an international child centered community development organisation, Plan International is fully committed to promoting the realization of children's rights including their right to protection from
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.