Business Development & Communication Manager
Jobs at:Beza Posterity Development Organization
Deadline of this Job:
30 September 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, September 22, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Business Development & Communication Manager
BPDO is a national leading nonprofit making organization focusing on health, Socio Economic, Capacity Building& volunteerism. We place health care &treatment at the center of all that we do—believing that it is not only a fundamental human right, but is critical for expanding life opportunities for women, families, communities, and nations as a whole and paving the way for creating transformed societies. BPDO provides women, men, unemployed Youths and adolescents with a range of quality health services—from contraception and maternal care to HIV AIDS prevention and care and treatment.
BPDO strives to strengthen access to Economic growth, ensure availability of safe Health care services and advocate for sound reproductive health policies, and, through all our work, improve the rights and lives of the people we serve.
Lead on business development and communications activities, including design or adaptation of necessary systems in the Organization, Conduct research; complete or coordinate needs-assessments bead on existing gaps; complete or coordinate concepts and proposals.
Main duties & Responsibilities:
• Developing a business development strategy focused on financial gain
• Arranging business development meetings with prospective clients/Partners
• Contacting potential clients to establish rapport and arrange meetings.
• Planning and overseeing new partnership initiatives.
• Researching organizations and potential individuals to find & identify new opportunities.
• Increasing the value of current organizational performance & working culture while attracting new ones.
• Finding and developing new ideas and improving networking& partnership.
• Responsible for leading the business development process for specification opportunities.
• Contribute to the development and production of proposals under the supervision of a Program Director, ensuring that proposals meet funder specifications and deadlines as well as BPDO’s quality standards. This may include researching and creating drafts for proposal sections, assisting with development of standard proposal annexes such as past performance and staffing information, conducting research for upcoming anticipated, opportunities, and other required proposal development tasks.
• Support development of technical leads, senior leadership, and business development staff; conduct research, initiate contact with relevant institutions, and prepare schedules and talking points.
• Develop informational and communications materials about BEza Posterity Development Organization projects and work for sharing with donors, partners, and other external audiences.
• Monitor and share information from external sources of news, including political and security information critical to the organization’s mission or programs
• Maintain accurate information about business development opportunities in internal databases; assist with analysis of business development data; and prepare relevant business development reports for BPDO’s senior leadership and country teams.
• Monitor, research, and share information about new opportunities, donor funding trends, and relevant country information from external sources of news.
• Represent BPDO at different fora interactively to promote Beza Posterity Development Organization image and reputation.
• Liaise with HO Key staff, field teams and prospective partners to coordinate technical input for funding proposals.
• Hunting any calls of proposals &prepare SMART project proposals to address the best interest of donners & BPDO
• Perform any other duties as assigned.
• Demonstrate understanding of BPDO’s Gender Equality Strategy
• Contribute to ensuring that BPDO is a place where men and women are treated equally and with dignity and respect
• Demonstrate gender equality awareness and gender sensitivity and an ability to integrate a gender equality perspective into tasks and activities
What we offer
• A competitive salary and benefit package
• Excellent medical benefits (100% cover including dependents with limited terms)
• 20 days annual leave
• 16 weeks (paid) maternity leave
Reports to: Chief Executive Director
Direct reports: None
Contacts/Key Relationships: All BPDO staff, partners & Donners
Contract Details: Definite Period
• The ideal candidate must hold a University degree in Business Management, Development studies, Communications, Media Studies, Public and/International Relations, Project Management, Economics Social Sciences or related field; from a recognized University.
• A Master’s degree in Communications and Business Development will be an added advantage
• Five years of field-based professional experience in Business Development& Communications. Preferably in donor report writing, good exposure with Fund rising & project writing areas
• Experience in proposal development including support and writing for various donors, particularly US Government, European Union, UN agencies, private foundations and corporations including International businesses’ opportunities and services
• Excellent oral/written communication skills and ability to communicate to both expert and lay audiences.
• Strong communication skills and IT fluency.
• Ability to manage complex projects and multi-task.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Comfortable using a computer for various tasks
• Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization developing effective working relationships to deliver outstanding results.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested& Qualified candidates will be invited to submit updated CV &other
BPDO Code of Conduct and its Associated Policies
BPDO has an organizational Code of Conduct (CCoC) with Associated Policies; Gender& Safeguarding Policy; Anti-fraud policy, IT regulation and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons Policy. These have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of program participants from exploitation, and to clarify the responsibilities of BPOO staff, consultants, visitors to the program and partner organization, and the standards of behavior expected of them. In this context, staff have a responsibility to the organization to strive for, and maintain, the highest standards in the day-to-day conduct in their workplace in accordance with BPDO’s core values and mission. Any candidate offered a job with BPDO will be expected to sign the all Staff Code of Conduct and Associated Policies as an appendix to their contract of employment. By signing the BPDO Code of Conduct, candidates acknowledge that they have understood the content of both the BPDO Code of Conduct and the Associated Policies and agree to conduct themselves in accordance with the provisions of these policies.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.