Base Logistics & Procurement Coordinator
Jobs at:Samaritan's Purse
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Base Logistics & Procurement Coordinator is primarily responsible for the logistics and procurement support of the field office projects and directing and coordinating all North Wollo-Woldiya Base office operations team and tasks of Admin and Logistics, Procurement, Warehouse, Fixed Asset and resources and support personnel for optimal operating capacity. Additionally, the Logistics & Procurement coordinator will provide strategic sourcing and vendors’ relationship management by closely working with country office Procurement and Logistics in the area of Procurement and Logistical needs of the project office.
• Support continuous up-to date effective communication channels and accurate flow of information between field project office and the operations department in Addis Ababa.
• Handle and manage the entire process in the planning of procurement and supply chain activities, inventory control. Logistics and distribution, customs clearance, ensuring effectively functioning processes to avoid costly delays and lost opportunities.
• Ensure effective lines of communication to ensure timely delivery of goods and services using the most appropriate procurement procedures.
• Be responsible for introducing process improvements in the supply chain and identify new vendors/suppliers without jeopardizing quality and service delivery
• Compile and maintain a procurement history, document, purchase and fleet tracker, contact management system, ensuring staff are transferring contacts during transitions. Maintain procurement files including all relevant documentation and vendor tracking system She/he will maintain all the relevant information concerning the organization’s supplies
• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission such as report management and information flow.
• Provide support to the Country Office in ensuring information flows, advice and support on operations issues related to the Office.
• Develop and oversee national and international procurement systems to ensure efficient and accurate delivery of program resources.
• Establish and implement a monitoring system that ensures that the prices paid for goods and services are in line with local market prices.
• Manage vendor contracts and maintain relationships with suppliers to ensure completeness of deliverables outlined in the contract this includes ensuring that all vendor complaints and concerns are addressed promptly to ensure that the project continues to receive uninterrupted services at all times.
• Enforce and uphold donor and SP regulations for procurement as well as best practices for operations.
• Ensure inventory storage tracking and distribution is occurring efficiently with accountability at all field sites and implement an effective fixed asset management system.
• Enforce SP procedures regarding contracted service. In addition, provide frequent evaluation of current contracted services for cost effectiveness.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual procurement plans and progress
• Maintain network and awareness of local and national laws and ensure organizational adherence.
• With a generous and serving spirit perform all other tasks and responsibilities assigned for the benefit of Samaritan’s Purse.
• Attend daily morning devotions and participate in prayer support for the ministry, its donors and volunteers.
• Maintain a strong Christian witness to colleagues, vendors, charitable beneficiaries, and the general public.
• Assess, manage and report critical physical, emotional, or spiritual concerns of supervised staff.
• Provide overall supervision to staff in the project offices in operations.
Education / Experience Needed
• B.A. degree in business administration, public administration, logistics, supply chain management or related field.
• 5 years of proven relevant progressively responsible work experience in administration, operational management, procurement and fleet and/or office- base management, preferably with an INGO.
• Advanced Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel spreadsheets, word processing, power point, and electronic mail)
• Attention to details and working on Microsoft offices, especially in excel is mandatory
• Strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills; demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team, assess priorities, and manage multiple activities with attention to detail, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
• Excellent problem-solving capacity, with demonstrated ability for considerable analysis and sound judgment to find solutions in a complex environment with shifting and competing priorities.
• Experience in establishing systems and policies for asset management, real time inventory and procurement for multimillion-dollar projects.
• Excellent cross-cultural communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills demonstrated by ability to interact professionally with culturally and linguistically diverse staff, stakeholders, clients and consultants.
• Work experience in Logistics and Procurement in an NGO setting.
• Fluency in English and Amharic required
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants can send ONLY updated CV (maximum of 2 pages and application letter (one Page only) no later than June 23, 2022 to email@example.com . Please write the position title you are applying for in the email subject line, ''Base Logistics & Procurement Coordinator ''
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.