Vacancy title:Base Logistics Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Logistics , Category: Transportation & Logistics ]
Jobs at:MÉDECINS DU MONDE -FRANCE
Deadline of this Job:18 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Base Logistics Officer will play a vital role in Procurement Management, Stock Management, Transport Management and Premises management .He/she will be base in Yalo under the direct supervision of field coordinator, and He/she will have a technical reporting line to the log manager Addis Ababa. She/he will be the direct manager of the guards and the cook/cleaner
Essential duties and responsibilities.
• In coordination with FieldCo and Finance Officer, prepare on a monthly basis the forecasts of purchases.
• Be responsible to ask financial advances to Finance Administration Officer in the beginning of the week and then justify the expenses at the end of the week following MDM procedures.
• Ensure that MDM and donor procurement policies and procedures are strictly followed.
• Manage all purchasing processes at base level in accordance with requirements and guidelines, ensuring not split purchases and following the financial thresholds and associated procedures.
• Liaise with managers and officers on all logistics issues to ensure efficient and effective delivery of operations.
• Optimize all logistics operations to increase cost effectiveness including setting up longer-term supply contracts in collaboration with Finance Administration Officer.
• Correctly maintain the tracking and filing system to record and archive all procurements. Archive the purchase file originals documents (including copy of the invoice) in the base office and ensure that soft copies are archived on the logistics SharePoint.
• Maintain and be responsible for management for all stocks at base level.
• Responsible for registration, maintenance, repairs-maintenance & disposal of MdM assets, ensuring full control of items at all stages.
• Upon reception of the goods, responsible for checking the quantity, state and content of packages received in comparison with the Order or Goods Received.
• If irregularities upon reception (missing or damaged packages or products, product errors, etc.) appeared, note them and inform promptly the Log Manager and FieldCo.
• Ensure that all goods are well organized and correctly stored, well protected, fully identified and easily accessible (cleanliness, security, access, etc.).
• Produce all stock documents according to MdM policy and formats.
• Ensuring all assets are tagged and listed at the time of procurement, and that records are up-to-date at all times.
• Be responsible for the vector control and the good state of stocks.
• Be responsible to keep the stocks clean and in good order.
• Contribute to the renting of vehicles for the programme activities
• Ensure the respect of MDM vehicle management procedure;
• Implementing rules for the management of vehicles and other means of transport
• Managing the scheduling and reservation of other means of transport
• Managing the allocation and loan of vehicles
• Supervise the hired vehicles ensuring that they are in good working condition all the time.
• Ensure that vehicle contractors carry out maintenance of the vehicles
• Makes sure that the Drivers are carrying out weekly vehicle checks.
• Be responsible of fuel stocks and making sure that the buffer stock is maintained.
• Responsible for the transport and movement of goods in the project and to other projects (loading and offloading goods).
• Supervise the drivers in all issues related to cars (license reports, accidents, police)
• Supervise drivers regarding all security measures during transport of goods or people.
• Responsible for the reporting and follow up of the vehicle service and fuel consumption.
• Follow up utilization of office materials, fuel and lubricants used in the different facilities (office, house, store, etc.)
• Checks cleanliness of different open spaces (gardens, courtyards, etc.)
• Ensures the maintenance of all MDM premises (office, houses, stores, etc.) and checks on the general state of facilities (walls, roofs, electrical installations, water supply and quality…)
• Follows up minor building rehabilitation work
• Checks the conformity of security norms in MDM premise
• Ensures all staff benefits from proper training on how to use communications equipment available in the mission, i.e. satellite phones, GSM, smartphones, computers, etc.
• Ensures that all numbers and E-mail address are updated and available to all staff in the mission.
• Ensure that the computers and network maintenance is followed.
• Ensure the security and the follow up of the communication and IT equipment (and supplies) on the mission (identification, inventory, affectation) ;
• Assures the good maintenance of all communication equipment (phones: landlines, mobiles, sat phones, etc.…) in the project.
• Briefs all new arrived staff (international and national) about the communications in the project and the equipment functioning.
• Supervise the work of computer maintenance personnel keep the field coordinator informed about all related issues
• Supervises the well maintenance of Internet (provider, server, consumption, service, etc.…) contracted by the project.
• Participates in any emergency activity or exploratory visit in or out of the MDM area of work, being prepared to intervene directly and assume the management of logistics activities and staff
• To immediately inform security focal point in the case of any security problem.
• Be the security back up when the security focal point is out of the office.
• Support Field in ensuring security and safety procedures in relation to premises/transport/travel are implemented.
• Responsible to ensure that recommendations for improvements are implement in a timely manner.
• Ensure systems mitigation risks from fraud, corruption and insecurity.
Team Management and net working
• Management of assigned team (Drivers, Cleaner and Guards) ensuring all duties are carried out and HR guidelines followed.
• Responsible for capacity building and appraisals of assigned staff.
• Ensure that all new staff are trained on logistics procedures.
• actively participate in base meetings.
• Centralize all logistics information available on the mission and consolidate a monthly report (into the proper reporting form) to be delivered to the Field Coordinator & the Log Manager
• Provide the Field Coordinator & the Log Manager with mission reports and/or handover document at the end of your contract or before annual leaves
• Ensure that all purchases files are fully scanned and properly archived (physically, SharePoint)
Duty station: Ethiopia, Afar region, Yalo field Office with regular movements to the field
Employment Term: 6 months with possibility of extension, start immediately.
Reported to: Direct supervision to field coordinator and technical reporting to line manager Addis. A
• BA Degree in procurement and supply management, Logistics and supply chain management
• At least 3 years of work experience in logistics and supply position
Skills and qualities required
• Essential – Experienced in Microsoft Word and Excel
• Strong organizational skills in emergency situations and autonomous in daily operations
• Excellent communication skills
• Good communication and interpersonal skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Strong organizational and team working skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and with limited supervision.
• Regional experience preferred.
• Experience in working with international humanitarian organizations is a plus.
• Being available within short period will be considered.
• Female’s candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
• English: Fluent
• Amharic: Fluent
• afar: is an asset
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are required to fill the application form at the following link https://forms.gle/LbA4bWqPgX7XUUNw8 (Note: All the information that provided in this form is true and accurate) and submit their CV with cover letter through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Base Logistics Officer.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.