Jobs at:Grant Thornton Advisory PLC
Deadline of this Job:
18 November 2022
Date Posted: Friday, November 11, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To ensure the profitability of the service line by maintaining good relationship with clients and monitoring the quality and timely completion of projects; Manage engagements, oversee and review senior accountants and audit assistants work; ensuring compliance with client and other statutory requirements; appreciating relevant internal and external market factors, and ensuring the effective and timely delivery of engagements.
• Oversee and direct the budgeting, planning, co-ordination and control of engagements in accordance with client and other statutory and business requirements to ensure effective service delivery and maximized recoverability;
• Direct, coach and mentor associates and senior associates to assist them in the effective delivery of engagements and the direction of their subordinates ensuring cost - effective, timely completion and effective service delivery to the required standard on each engagement;
• Coordinate with the lead partner and/or audit director in preparing the audit plan for clients considering the audit risk and in accordance with the task assessment and planning requirements in voyager;
• Prepare time budget for each assignment and getting it approved by the lead partner before commencement of the audit;
• Arrange and plan meeting for discussion with audit team as well as with the client;
• Assign responsibilities to each member of the audit team;
• Follow up the progress of the audit regularly and ensure the audit is progressing as per the time budget and ensure timely completion of the audit;
• Obtain prior approval from the lead partner for any perceived changes in the time budget and bringing to the attention of the lead partner for action to ensure the timely completion of the audit;
• Ensure the deadline for assignments are achievable and communicate and notify to the lead partner about any situations that may lead to failure to meet the deadline;
• Arrange entrance meeting with client to discuss on whether everything is ready to start the audit and provide a general overview on what the audit team needs for the audit;
• Review the audit working paper in order to check whether the audit is performed according to the audit plan;
• Ensure the audit working paper is properly cross referenced and completion of all the necessary forms;
• Ensure all outstanding issues and queries are properly cleared;
Education and Experience Required
• MA/BA in Accounting, Accounting & Finance and related fields
• 8 years’ experience for MA holders and 10 years’ experience for BA holders; and at least 3 years’ experience in Senior Auditor and Audit Manager Positions.
• Certification or License Required
• ACCA or equivalent
• Technically proficient in audit and accounting
• Strong knowledge of accounting principles.
• Decision making skills, sense of judgement and balanced perspective.
• Managerial Leadership (planning, organizing, monitoring, staffing and leading abilities and skills).
• Report writing, editing, data gathering and analytical skills.
• Communication both verbal and written, and outstanding customer relations.
• Critical thinking, creative thinking and innovation.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Fill the online application form by following the below link by inserting this vacancy code: MSE 007/11/2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.