Vacancy title: Assistant Admin and Finance Officer[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Health Care , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at: Marie Stopes International Ethiopia
Deadline of this Job:
26 June 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, June 16, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
1. JOB SUMMARY
Working with and reporting to the Commercial Finance Manager, the Assistant Admin and Finance Officer will be responsible for extending admin support to commercial department activities and managing safe custody of checkbooks, timely processing of check & petty cash payment transactions, cash transfers, staff payroll; and timely payment of government taxes and deposit of staff pension, handle IGA petty cash at head office and provident funds.
Accounting and finance-related responsibilities
• Writes cheques and prepares the corresponding payment vouchers with due consideration to income tax and withholding tax.
• Present signed and completed cheque to Commercial Bank of Ethiopia for timely transfer to the receptionist or MSI-IGA staff at regions.
• Collect bank advice for transfers and payment made for work advance at regions and receptionist for petty cash establishment and replenishment and communicate/inform relevant information to the right person immediately.
• Prepare and Facilitate SRH and MCH centers’ staff 80% PF request an emergency loan as per internal policy.
• Handling cheque books & undelivered signed cheques & keeps them in safe custody.
• Handles and properly keeps Cheque books and financial documents like withholding, payment, and petty cash voucher PAD in a safe custody
• Pay per diem and other necessary payments for workshops, meetings, and training participants.
• Transfer monthly budget and salary of SRH & MCH centers office employees to their individual bank accounts within a day after getting them approved.
• Prepare and ensures petty cash and work advance transfers to SRH and MCH receptionist within the required time.
• Collect all monthly bank statements from Bole Bank on the 30th day of the month and properly arranges them for the preparation of bank reconciliations.
• Transfer income tax and pension through the commercial bank of Ethiopia in the respective local government before the due date indicated on the tax proclamation and send this advice to respective receptionists for submission to the local gov't to get a receipt.
• Coordinate with the fleet department and ensure timely delivery of supplies to the field team
• Coordinate fleet department for transportation support to department and field team staff.
• Track procurement request and delivery process for center channel
• Provide necessary admin support for organizing training programs like logistics, coordinating with participants, transport arrangements, etc.
• Support field team ensuring monthly replacement of petty cases, stock requests,s and budget preparation.
3. Person Specification
1. Required Qualification:
• B.A Degree in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration or Commerce from a recognized University or College
• At least two years of relevant work experience
3. Required Skills, Attitudes and Attributes
• Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable group
• Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviors
• Computer literate
• Integrity and ethical behavior
• Ability to work under Pressure
Duty Station: MSIE Support Office, Addis Ababa Number of Position (1) Type of Employment: Fulltime
Salary: As per MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choice Salary Scale
1. Required Qualification: • B.A Degree in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration or Commerce from a recognized University or College 2. Experience • At least two years of relevant work experience ">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested and qualified applicants should mail only their motivation letter and C.V, within ten (10) days from the date of this announcement to:
Talent Acquisition and Development Department, MSI Ethiopia Reproductive Choices through the following e-mail address: HumanResource@mariestopes.org.et
Due to the volume of applications, we will only contact shortlisted candidates, and we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications.
Please mention the title of the position and workplace you applied for on the subject line of your email.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
MSI ETHIOPIA REPRODUCTIVE CHOICES STRONGLY ENCOURAGE FEMALE CANDIDATES TO APPLY!
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.