Administrative Assistant .
Jobs at:African Union Commission - AUC
Deadline of this Job:
22 November 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Administrative Assistant provides a wide variety of administrative coordination and services support as needed to advance agency strategic goals and objectives. His/Her work will focus on direct services delivery and/or coordinating the delivery of complex administrative support tasks involving delegation and follow-up of individual staff and assigned products.
• Provide timely technical and operational support in line with the Division’s mandate
• Implement technical and operational activities as scheduled and report.
• Assist in the follow up on activity implementation and provision of updates, facilitate logistical arrangements linked to the area of work
• Liaise effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
• Assist in the creation, improvement and maintenance of systems relevant to the area of work; gather data and information and do preliminary analysis and research for consideration by the bigger team and the supervisor
• Prepare office communication linked to the area of operation and assist in compiling data and information for reporting and analysis purposes. Follow up decisions and correspondence outcomes and ensure their implementation.
• Follow up on provision and upkeep of tools and materials linked to the area of work.
• The Administrative Assistant shall:
• Analyse and maintain an overview of the office they are assigned to work in to ensure that timely administrative support is provided in general and specialized areas; Schedule a high volume of appointments, meetings and travel arrangements which may include coordinating arrangements for multiple participants;
• Create, update and maintain organised files and records including a system for tracking, monitoring and prioritising tasks;
• Ensuring confidentiality of information and management records is guaranteed;
• Prepare correspondences, executive summary, reports, briefing papers, power point presentations and other documents as required;
• Liaising effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
• Monitor meeting and correspondences outcomes and decisions and follow-up on their implementation;
• Prepare and participate in various meetings and take minutes and/or notes;
• Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including answering and prioritising calls, email and correspondences;
• Direct provision or coordination of travel for management and line staff with the AU travel unit or contract travel service to ensure end-to-end arrangements of visas, flights, hotels, meetings, transportation and other required logistics support. Ensures complete travel packages are delivered to the designated officer in advance of departure. Facilitates and/or directly prepares travel claims for executive and management staff and other staff as appropriate.
• Sourcing and ordering stationery and office equipment as may be required;
• Perform any other duties as may be assigned by Supervisors
Academic Requirements and Relevant Experience
• A minimum of a Diploma in Management, Administration or any related field from a recognized educational institution with at least three (3) years relevant work experience.
• A Bachelor Degree in Management, Administration or any related field from a recognized educational institution with at least two (2) years of relevant work experience.
• A higher qualification would be an added advantage
• Functional Skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills; fluency in both English and French will be highly preferred;
• Ability to give attention to details and to work effectively under pressure;
• Proven ability to use clear, concise language in correspondence as well as including content fitting for the purpose and audiences when preparing written briefs and reports; Excellent interpersonal skills, organisational ability and time management;
• Excellent computer skills, including word processing, proficiency with e-mail and internet applications experience in using applications such as MS Word, MS-Excel and MS-PowerPoint.
• Fluency in one of the AU working languages (Arabic, English, French, Portuguese or Spanish); knowledge of more than one working language, or that of English and French will be an advantage.
• Personal Abilities
• Excellent Interpersonal skills
• Good amount of flexibility and willingness to work during unsociable hours
• Ability to work in a multicultural environment
• High level of autonomy at work, yet with profound team-spirit
• Adaptive, patient and resilient
• Pro-active and solutions oriented
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply follow this link https://jobs.au.int/job/Addis-Ababa-Administrative-Assistant-_/734912802/?locale=en_US#
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.