Vacancy title:Admin Assistant- Halaba[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Professional Services , Category: Admin & Office ]
Jobs at:Farm Africa
Deadline of this Job:17 July 2022
Date Posted: Friday, July 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
JOB TITLE: Admin Assistant- Halaba
REPORTS TO: Project Coordinator
REPORTING TO POSTHOLDER: Office Assistants, Drivers
LOCATION: Halaba Field Office
DURATION & HOURS: up to 31 December 2022 with 60 work days probationary period.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Assistant Administration Officer position is part of Corporate Services at field offices directly reporting to Project Coordinator and has matrix reporting relation with HCS. The admin officer will ensure smooth running of the project office support functions through management of office facilities, procurement, logistics, stores, HR related activities. The post holder will administer and manage resources including personnel according to the project proposal and annual budget.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Key areas of Responsibility are:
• Plan and manage support functions at the field office
• Work closely with the Field Office Project Coordinator and Country Office Corporate Services Team
• Support implementation of Farm Africa’s field staff handbook, procurement, logistics, and IT policies/manuals
• Responsible for facilitating & handling all procurements of the field office
• Ensure the timely procurement and distribution of items to the required location
• Compile all relevant procurement documents for payment processing and maintaining an auditable file
• Ensure all procurement governance requirements are in place including procurement committee formation
• Liaison with CO-Procurement Manager & follow up all procurements of the project to be made at FO level or need to get approval from CO
• Support the PC/Team Leader at FO in preparing procurement plans regularly
• Handle FO logistic service including movements of people and program supplies, and reports to the CO Logistic Manager
• Ensure vehicle insurance and annual inspection are intact and registered timely
• Ensure timely and appropriate maintenance of vehicles and motorcycles
• Monitor fleet costs and safety requirements continuously and send periodic reports to PC and CO Logistics Manager
• Manage accident reports and provided expedited support as needed.
• Management of staff and visitors’ movement plans.
• Ensure assets management in a proper level, facilitate periodic inventory-taking and reporting to CO Logistics manager.
• Assist in staff recruitment, development, and disciplinary issues
• Assist HRM by following up on employment contracts (for those staff at FO), and personnel files, leave management, and other HR records/activities
• Ensure all field staff getting HR services including pension, insurance, and other requested supports
• Ensure a clean and conducive staff working environment
• Manage the operations of the project compound by liaising with the Leaser
• Ensure IT supports are in place and proper including computer provision, MS outlook, MS Teams, storage and required office equipment
• Responsible for all field office correspondences and filing them properly
• Ensure FO operations of telephone, electricity and water as well as bill management
• Manage the petty cash or disbursement activities as needed
• Perform all other duties as requested by Line Manager
These essential functions are not to be interpreted as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related duties as required. All work responsibilities are subject to having performance goals and/or targets established.
Education, qualifications & other knowledge
College Diploma in Accounting BA in Accounting
Knowledge of employment legislation in Ethiopia
Three years of relevant experience in procurement/Supply Chain/Logistics management in an NGO or private enterprise
Experience of asset and inventory management
Experienced in implementation and development of procurement/logistics/HR policies
Skills & abilities
Skills in planning and executing procurement activities
Computer skills in Word, Excel and other accounting packages
Skills in working as part of a team
Investing in smallholder farming is the number one way to combat poverty in rural Africa. Farm Africa is a leading NGO specialising in growing agriculture, protecting the environment and developing businesses in rural Africa.
EXPERT: Expertise and insightful evidence-based solutions are at the heart of everything Farm Africa does.
GROUNDED: Our teams and partners work closely with local communities, engaging them in every level of decision-making.
IMPACTFUL: We deliver long-lasting change for farmers, their families, and the environments they live in.
BOLD: We model innovative approaches and are not afraid to challenge strategies that are failing. College Diploma in Accounting BA in Accounting Knowledge of employment legislation in Ethiopia Experience Three years of relevant experience in procurement/Supply Chain/Logistics management in an NGO or private enterprise Experience of asset and inventory management Experienced in implementation and development of procurement/logistics/HR policies ">
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Those who meet the above requirements should submit their short CV (maximum of 4 pages) and a cover letter (maximum 1 page) addressing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Admin Assistant- Halaba Project by 17 July 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Farm Africa is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Farm Africa does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. (E.g. Application, interview, meeting, processing, training or any other fees).
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.