Accounting And Finance, Hotel And Hospitality
Jobs at:Bole Ambassador Hotel
Deadline of this Job:
07 November 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, November 01, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
General Duty and Responsibility
• Finance manager will provide the financial expertise to enable the successful implementation of the service strategy and corporate initiatives while
• ensuring excellent financial performance. As a manager of Finance you will be responsible for achieving financial goals within the hotel. You will
• develop and implement hotel-wide strategies that deliver products and services to meet or exceed the needs and expectations of the customers. You
• will also create and execute a business plan that goes hand in hand with the corporate image and focus on the execution of financial and accounting activities.
• Responsible to: To the General Manager
• Detail Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervises and directs the financial activities of the hotel, safeguards the assets, and prepares all financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
• Maintain effective cash control system with audits and reports for each period.
• Review security over assets and auditing inventories.
• To take a strategic lead on the financial aspects of capital applications.
• To prepare the financial forecast and ensure that it is an integral part of the strategic plan.
• Reviews, analyzes, modifies, and implements efficient and effective accounts receivable processes, policies, and procedures.
• Prepare the financial section of the annual corporate report.
• Review all major banquet functions and group accounts for proper account settlement prior to arrival.
• Ensure that all revenues and collections are recorded correctly
• Check the revenues are allocated and posted to the appropriate accounts.
• Ensure and check all filling documents are properly filed.
• Ensure that all payments are paid on time in accordance with procedures.
• Making sure if all prepayments, accruals and deferred incomes are properly recorded.
• Check inventories, cost credits and supervise adherence to procedures on purchasing, receiving and storing.
• Schedule, train and supervise subordinates.
• Making sure monthly, Quarterly and yearly financial reports are prepared on time.
• Co-operate with other departments of the hotel in order to achieve organizational objectives.
• Make sure the government tax and other necessary payment is being effected on time.
• Cooperate with other departments for smooth running of the operation.
• Formulate polices pertinent to the Finance Department (i.e. accounting, property handling, cash flow, purchasing, storing, issuing and sales polices & procedures).
• Give directives concerning accounting, cash handling and expense and take necessary measures if there are nay deviations from the set procedures
• Qualification and Experience Required Education: A University Graduate with Degree/MA in Accounting & Finance.
• Experience: 8 years & above direct experience Finance and accounting in hospitality industry
• Familiarity with local labor markets & wage rates, IFRS, Sun and Opera System, knowledge of individual differences in ability & personality is essential
• Training: Much of the training must be gained on the job.
• Work Hours: 8
Place of work: Addis Ababa
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicants can submit their applications, non-returnable CV’s, copies of document and other relevant testimonies to Bole Ambassador Hotel Guinea Conakry (Tito) Street, Bole, at Human Resource office during office hours On the other option you can send an email to the hotel at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for more information call us 011618 82 81.
You must mention the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.