Accountant/Temporary for Emergency Response
Jobs at:Project Concern International
Deadline of this Job:
09 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The accountant will be part of Finance and Operations team that aims to help improve resilience to enhance food security and inclusive economic growth for lowland pastoral communities funded by USAID. Global Communities/GC seeks to recruit an individual who is passionate, knowledgeable, and experienced in Procurement and Logistics roles.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Review advances and expense reports submitted by staff members checking for legitimacy, proper cost classification, and coding according to field chart of accounts.
• Responsible for check and transfer payments to vendors and field team on a timely basis.
• Verifies that venders’ invoices are supported by objective evidence (proper VAT Invoices, PO, Quotes, etc.) and complies with PCI and donor rules before payment
• Reviews field training payments paid by field staff according to GC’s per diem payment policy and, may travel to assist the field team making payments to training participants.
• Responsible for advance transfers to field office staff
• Assists in the collection of relevant withholding tax from vendors and issues withholding tax receipts to suppliers. Also coordinates with the field team for any relevant withholding tax collections.
• Works with finance team to assist in the process of completing vouchers with supported original documents and approvals.
• Processes the monthly payments for office utilities and subscriptions
• Entering financial data in to QuickBooks
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• University degree in Accounting/Finance or Management
• 2-3 years relevant experience
• Previous experience in an NGO environment and/or USAID funded project is highly desirable
• Attention to detail, accuracy, analytical and presentation skills
• Good communication skills, team player, willing to work long hours when needed
• Excellent written and spoken English and Amharic
• Knowledge of accounting software,
• Proficiency in computer application software and MS Office, such as Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet
• High level of reliability and honesty
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply in person
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.