Deadline of this Job:
16 November 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 02, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a public health management firm, headquartered in the United States, dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world. JSI has been implementing public health work in Ethiopia for over 25 years.
• JSI is supporting the Ethiopian Ministry of Health to improve efficiencies in vaccine administration through the deployment of MasterCard’s Wellness solution and complementary services. JSI will serve as a third-party service provider to the Ministry of Health to help it in its implementation of the Program in Ethiopia.
• JSI is currently looking for a competent, knowledgeable, experienced, and motivated accountant for its Wellness Pass project
Number of Positions: 1
Duration: One Year with possibility of Extension
• The Accountant reports to the Finance & Administrative Manager and is responsible for record keeping of financial transaction, maintaining cash controls, handling checks and support purchasing, maintaining finance documents, filing, engage in the monthly field accounts processing. The accountant will work within the rules and regulations of the organization Financial Management, Organization policies and procedures and in compliance with all Donor and Government rules and Legislation.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the preparation of payments for all project expenditures; ensure that all payments are supported by appropriate documentation as required by donor regulations and are allocated to the appropriate budget category.
• Ensure data entry into QuickBooks is done timely and accurately. Prepare vouchers in QuickBooks, code and encode payments, collections, and verify the accuracy of the entries to the computer. Perform bank reconciliation for project’s bank accounts.
• Manage the programs taxes and related data (employee income tax, withholding tax, pension, and cost share payments) collection, verification, filing, maintenance, payment, and sharing the reports to Wellness Pass management team.
• Ensure that all expenses are properly authorized and documented before payment through checking correct budget codes and seeking prior approval
• Review settlement of travel and training advances against JSI travel policy and prepare journal entry
• Maintain filing systems for all financial and accounting records and verify the completeness of the documentation as per the JSI financial policy.
• Ensure all financial and local government regulations are adhered to
• Responsible for implementing JSI's Accountability Framework and Code of Conduct, and adhering to JSI's policies on fraud management
• Assist Finance & Administrative Manager in month end field account preparation
• Ensure monthly obligations (income tax, pension, provident fund, and withholding taxes) are settled on time. Prepare the necessary forms for submission to ERCA.
• Participate in the planning, preparation of documents for annual external audit and actively support the process.
• Monitor advance payments; ensure that they are settled timely with the necessary supporting documents. Monitor bank account balances and report to Finance & Administrative Manager when the balance is low so as to take the necessary action
• Support other Finance and Admin staff as needed. Support the payment of per diem and other workshop/training related payments in Addis Ababa or other regions.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor in line with the general
• B.A. Degree in Accounting or business management with a minimum of five years’ work experience as an accountant. Experience working in international NGO’s is a plus.
• Minimum five years of experience in accounting or finance field
• Experience with international development funded projects preferred
• Good knowledge of accounting and financial management.
• Excellent skills in Excel and being able to access intranet are required.
• Good knowledge of other MS applications and working on accounting software is a plus.
• Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills, experience working with multiple projects is a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Creative, Liaising & handling clients and stakeholders well is a plus
• Ability to travel up to 10% time to regions throughout Ethiopia.
• Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested and qualified applicants should follow the below instruction and apply through the online application form no later than November 16, 2022.
• Fill out the online application form using this form: Online application form accountant. If you don’t fill the online application form, your application will not be considered.
• Submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
• You must include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line of the email. If this is not included, your application will not be considered.
• Any application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Application deadline: November 16, 2022.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.