Vacancy title: Accountant[ Type: FULL TIME , Industry: Nonprofit, and NGO , Category: Accounting & Finance ]
Jobs at: Ethiopian Women Charitable Associations (UEWCA)
Deadline of this Job:
30 June 2022
Date Posted: Friday, June 24, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
Assist in preparation & controlling of budgets and reports
• Preparing payment vouchers, cash receipt vouchers and all other documents for data processing
• Ensuring of maintenance of proper books of accounts and dept up to data
• Reconcile daily collections against the vouchers/receipts and deposit the cash in the bank at the earliest with proper documentation.
• Ensure proper documentation of financial documents.
• Reconcile bank statements with organization records monthly.
• Follow up settlement of advance paid to sub-grantees/partner’s appropriately.
• Update the financial data in Peachtree Accounting system.
• Reconcile and update the records of supplies and material that are received and issued from the store against ledger statement monthly.
• Keep a proper record of fixed assets of the organization and create fixed asset management system and conduct inventory and at the end of each year.
• Assist program/project sections of the organization in preparing budget plan.
• Liaise with the finance section of partner and donor organizations on financial management aspects of the program/project.
• Conduct financial monitoring of the Sub-grantee/partner’s so as to ensure the fund is properly spent.
• Prepare periodical financial reports based on agreed time frame.
• Ensure the financial management of UEWCA is in line with the terms and conditions depicted in the grant manual.
• Facilitate the periodic project audit as required and submit the report to the donor and government Organizations.
• Responsible for the facilitation of any project administration with financial matters.
• Carryout any other relevant duties as may be specified by the program/project section staff.
• Ensure proper financial documentation of the organization.
• Provide technical support to partner’s/sub-grantee towards prepare financial management.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Accountant.
Reports to : Senior Accountant
DEPARTMENT: Finance and Administration Section
TERMS OF EMPLOYMETT: One Year with a possibility of extension
REQUIRED CANDIDATE: One
QUALIFICATION:- BA Degree In Accounting & finance
• At least 4years of relevant experience for BA Degree in Accounting and Finance NGO Experience is preferable.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Female Applicants are encouraged to apply.
Applicants who fulfill the above-mentioned criteria could submit detailed curriculum vitae along with supporting documents/credentials accompanied by cover letter in person within five working days of this announcement at the following address.
Address Union of Ethiopian Women and Children Associations (UEWCA)
Tel:-0116-368151 Office location:- Yeka Sub –City Worda,08
Around:- Chefe Health Center Near & Magic Carpet School
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.