Jobs at:Environmentalists Development Association – Ethiopia (EDAE)
Deadline of this Job:
28 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Environmentalists Development Association – Ethiopia (EDA-E) is a non-for-profit indigenous NGO engaged in the implementation of development activities like ecosystem protection/natural resources management, promotion of renewable energies, potable water supply, undertaking WASH programme and participating in humanitarian responses, etc.
• EDAE is intending to implement the project “Deeply Rooted in the Future: Reforestation Supports Environmental Recovery and Income Generation in Dirre Inchini”. It will be located in Oromia Region, West Showa Zone, Dirre Inchini Woreda, an area with very limited amenities. The project needs to employ and station on site a project manager for the period of one year with a possibility of extension.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare detailed project budget and implementation plan, and develop monthly, quarterly and annual cash budget and/cash flow;
• Record all transactions accurately and ensure that there are adequate supporting documents and that all transactions comply with EDA-E’s and donor’s requirements;
• Advise the Project Manager and other project staff on proper fund request, financial planning, budget control, proper financial verification and approval procedures and on current and future budgetary positions;
• Follow up on the activities of Cashier and provide technical supports to the Cashier to ensure that a sufficient skill level exists for the effective financial control and management of the project;
• Ensure that all financial performances comply with EDA-E’s and donor’s accounting policies as noted in the financial manual and generally accepted standard accounting principles.
• Review and check petty cash reimbursements and consistently implement petty cash management practices;
• Receive and record invoices and arrange payments, ensure that all nominal ledger control accounts are reconciled monthly, follow through and investigate any queries or differences and check any resulting journal entries;
• Post accounting data to ledgers from accounting recodes and documents, prepare financial reports and financial statements;
• Supervise the collection of deposit and disbursement of fund and monitor bank balances ensuring that cash levels are maintained to meet payments as they are released;
• Calculate, compile and prepare payroll, and verify that all project expenditures are justified, properly made and signed and charged to correct accounts and prepare reconciliation of all accounts;
• Ensure that all taxes are timely paid off and handle all relevant correspondences related to taxes and related issues from the concerned government bodies;
• Facilitate the procurement of office supplies, material, equipment required for the project office and ensure that the assets and all equipment of the field office are properly managed;
• Facilitate the proper transportation of purchased items from vendors (suppliers) to the project sites and their distribution to the beneficiaries;
• Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and terminal financial reports and timely submit the same with all required supporting documents to the Project Manager and ensure submission to the EDA-E Administration & Finance Department Director.
• Implement inventory control procedures for the procurement and management of all items/equipment/assets of the project;
• Regularly monitor expenditures against budgets and report the findings to the Project Manager;
• Ensure proper documentation of financial and personnel related documents both in hard copy and electronic copy and keep the documents in safe and secured places;
• Settle project bills;
• Processes bank transfer and exchange of cheques, and
• Perform other related duties as required by his/her supervisor.
• Diploma/BA Degree in Accounting and Finance Management or related field of stud
• A minimum of 5-years of work experience for Diploma and 3-years for BA Degree in related field
• Possess excellent computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Quick Book and Peach Tree accounting software and internet skills;
• Strong budget development, tracking, and reporting skills using computer software/ computerized accounting programmes;
• Good communication skills;
• Good command of spoken and written English, Amharic and Afan Oromo;
• Ability to follow directions;
• Ability to establish priorities and managing work under pressure and attention to details
• Able to build, sustain and develop an effective team spirit;
• Able to achieve work within an agreed timetable by setting deadlines;
• Productive personality traits, patience, sociable, responsible with integrity and courage; and
• Willingness to travel in rural areas /field sites.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
• Female candidates are highly encouraged.
• Applicants can send the non-returnable application and credentials to the email address: Haji21847@gmail.com or submit it to EDAE office in Bole Sub-City, Woreda 14, Yemiru Senai Building 5th Floor until 5 pm of the November 28, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For further information, please contact 0912343010
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.