Jobs at:Kelem International School (KIS) (Former Swedish Community School)
Deadline of this Job:
03 October 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Accountant will analyze financial transactions, prepare payroll, prepare financial statements and report the same to management. Maintain correspondence with parents for payment completion.
Key roles & responsibilities:
• Analyzes operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred.
• Records, maintains, analyzes budgets, and prepares periodic reports comparing budgeted costs to actual costs.
• Analyzes records of financial transactions to determine accuracy and completeness of entries, using accounting software.
• Prepares monthly payroll and reconciles it with bank payments.
• Prepares balance sheet, Income statement, amortization and depreciation schedules, and other financial reports.
• Reports budget utilization, tax strategies, and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
• Develops, implements, modifies, and documents budgeting and cost systems.
• Checks term tuition collections and updates outstanding balances.
• Prepares revenues and expenditures variance analysis and submits reports to the management.
• Prepares taxes owed summary, ensures compliance with tax payment and other tax requirements.
• Updates charts of accounts, and assigns entries to proper accounts.
• Performs any other related duties as and when assigned.
• Being accessible to parents during drop off and dismissal and other occasions
• Collaborate with appropriate personnel
• Support with the development and revision of policies and handbooks
• Communicating information to community members (I.e. Parents)
• Input into school policy making where appropriate
• Attend school functions and meetings when required
• Board meetings and retreats when necessary (and any other related duties assigned by the Board and principal).
• First Degree in Accounting, Financial Accounting, or related discipline
• Minimum 4 years of relevant experience preferably in an international or community school.
• Special Trainings: Peachtree accounting practical experience. Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly in Excel.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants are asked to apply by submitting their most recent CV as well as a letter of no more than two sides of A4 outlining their suitability for the post and motivation in making the application. The CV must include names and full contact details of three professional referees, one of whom must be the candidate’s most recent supervisor/ line manager. Referees will not be contacted without prior permission.
Applications may be submitted in person at the school address below or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . In addition to interaction with candidates’ professional referees a variety of background checks will be required prior to final appointment.
Please note that Kelem International School is committed to all aspects of safeguarding and safer recruitment practices to ensure that the school provides a safe and secure environment for all
The HR office
The Former Swedish Community School Parents Charitable Organization (FSCSPCO)
Dar Sahara street, Kazanchis,
Cobble stone road opposite Meles Foundation
House # 9999 Tele: +251 911 52 73 41
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.