Jobs at:Professional Alliance for Development-PADet
Deadline of this Job:
20 June 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 14, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Internal/ External Vacancy Announcement
• Professional Alliance for Development (PADet) is an Ethiopian civil society organization which runs various developmental programs at community level in Ethiopia focusing on Reproductive health, HIV/AIDS, Child development, Women development and Livelihood promotion programs, Promotion of social accountability that empowers vulnerable women, children and youth in North Wollo Zone, South Wollo Zone, Awl Zone, South Gojam, South Gondar - Amhara Region, North Shoa Zone - Oromia Region, Oromia Special Woreda (Sululta) and selected woredas in the Afar region and in Addis Ababa in partnership with various International donors and INGOs, Regional Government structures, National CSOs and the communities.
• Currently, PADet would like to hire potential candidates in the following positions for its project (“Promoting Family Planning (FP) and Maternal Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) through Social Accountability Activities”) which will soon start implementation in the South Wollo Zone of Amhara region in partnership with Palladium/USAID.
• Under the supervision of senior accountant, the accountant participates in recording and posting of financial data, prepare financial report to be submitted to donors and other stakeholders, assists in the preparation of financial statements and in implementing accounting systems.
• Ensure that all payments to and by the organization are affected in accordance with
• PADet and donor guidelines,
• Maintain proper accounting system and books of accounts,
• Conduct budget monitoring and proper utilization of funds at field program/project sites in well organized and planned manner.,
• Prepare periodic financial reports and timely submit to the respective donors and Head office
• Assist in the preparation of year end account statements for the purpose of annual audit,
• Check all disbursements for the assigned project are affected as per the organization and donor requirements.
• Check all collections made by the organization’s cash receipt slip and ensures that it is deposited to the project’s bank account timely,
• Prepares monthly payroll for staff assigned to the projects and other payroll related tasks,
• Prepare all payments of payables and make sure are disbursed timely
• Incorporate field expenses on respective project budget versus expenditure analysis and submit to the project coordinator
• Prepare timely bank reconciliation for the assigned project
• Participate on project budget preparation and modification
• Make sure all comments from donor and auditors are fully addressed
• Give information about procured fixed assets to the admin assistant in order to incorporate in the organization's fixed asset register
• Follow-up of adherence of donor’s grant procedures by the project office
• Carry out other related activities as assigned by the supervisor
• Grade level: VII
• Location: Head Office- Furi
• Report to: Senior Accountant
• Number of staff required: one
Education qualification, experience & skill
• BA in Accounting with 3 years relevant experience,
• Preferably in the NGO context
• Computer proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel and Financial Accounting software like Peachtree;
• IPSAS implementation skill
• Good report writing and communication skills
• Good interpersonal skills
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
• Interested applicant should send their application with updated CV and testimonial documents through our contact address within 7 consecutive days of the announcement. Only short listed applicant shall be considered for exam.
• Address: Professional Alliance for Development (PADet)
• Head office - Addis Ababa - P.O. Box:365, telephone 0113-694928/29/0989015124
• Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Note: Use "Accountant II" as the subject line of your email!
• Women Applicants are highly encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.