2 Project Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:Self Help Africa
Deadline of this Job:
01 November 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, October 27, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reviews and compiles accountancy activities in harmony and online with the internal, HQ, and external relevant regulations.
• Plans and ensures disbursement of cash for project activities timely and accurately.
• Plans and ensures proper delivery of expense or payment documents to HoFA after verifying the compliance of those documents in accordance with general and accepted principles of accounting, internal, HQ, and external relevant regulations.
• Verifies, checks, and ascertains the accuracy and validity of invoices, documents submitted to HoFA after for payments, and arranges payments accordingly.
• Informs to immediate supervisor for promptly corrective actions on observed irregularities, discrepancies, errors, or any deviations before preparing and effecting payment.
• Effects or ensures payment are made according to agreements and from the appropriate fund.
• Makes or ensures that payment requests and documents are approved by authorized person/s and prepares payments vouchers, codes and analyses documents.
• Collects and communicates all relevant information and data about active project personnel and maintain an up-to-date list of personnel in the payroll by making timely entries of all active project employees;
• Ensures that all unused official documents (cash receipts, check payment vouchers, petty cash payment voucher, etc) of the organization are properly registered, distributed, and stored, as appropriate.
• Provides payroll inputs to HoFA for the preparation of monthly payroll for SHA employees according to policies and procedures and applicable laws of the country;
• Upon verification of the payroll allocates costs to respective funds and pass appropriate accounting entries;
• Remits income tax collection to Revenue and Customs Authority in accordance with requirements of the relevant laws;
• Assists in organization and preparation of financial / accounting documents for external auditing;
• Analyses project financial needs for his/her project in accordance to the approved budget of the specific project:
• Assists in the preparations of financial strategies, annual and operational plans of projects;
• Assists in the preparation of annual budgets for donors, HQ and government bodies;
• Ensures the timely payment of taxes to government from the operation of the organization such VAT, TOT, employment tax or withhold taxes, or pension contribution, if applicable;
• Plans, organizes, directs, evaluates, and controls the proper utilization of assets of the organization.
• Ensure that all local recruitments have approved and documented personnel record
• Liaise with Cluster Co/Project Manager and ensure that all field staff submit their leave plans, and records as per schedule and submit the recording to Addis HR focal person
• Ensure timesheets are submitted on time.
• Assist the Cluster Co/Project Manager in handling performance appraisals for their subordinates
• Arrange and provide periodical induction and orientations to staff members as well as supervisors on the employees performance management.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10 November. 2022
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.