1 Assistant Finance & Admin Officer - 2 Project Accountants
Jobs at:CIFA ONLUS
Deadline of this Job:
13 July 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, July 05, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Mission: CIFA works to promote the leading role of children and young people all over the world, so that they can become agents of change: for a sustainable future from an environmental, economic and social point of view.
Organization: CIFA is an international NGO with over 40 years of commitment in protecting the most vulnerable children. Working in Ethiopia for over 20 years, CIFA supports the access to primary and secondary education, especially for girls; fights against the worst form of discrimination and supports women’s economic empowerment. Within this context CIFA works in Addis Ababa, Dire Dawa City Administration, Amhara, Hareri and Oromia Region.
Duration Contract: 12 months renewable with 90 days probation period
Location: 1 Addis Ababa (Assistant Finance & Admin Officer),1 Dire Dawa (Project Accountant) & 1 Dessie (Project Accountant) with periodic travel to CIFA Head Office in Addis Ababa for trainings and/or meetings
Key Tasks: The position holder will be responsible for the administration, cash and accountancy of assigned projects:
• Oversee and manage daily accounting and finance functions including timely recording of transactions, cash management, banking, payroll, receivables, and payables.
• Plan and implement systems for financial operations in accordance with CIFA Finance Manual and donor regulations, including systems for cash flow management, budgeting, consolidation of accounting information, internal controls, financial reporting, financial book-keeping, grant management and compliance.
• Maintain banking relations and plan and monitor cash flow requirements to ensure smooth implementation. Implement an effective and efficient cash management procedures, including petty cash management, and banking structure management.
• Prepare monthly reports to the Head Office as required, including expenditures by project and other financial information, in a timely and accurate manner and reconcile general ledgers files, account reconciliations, expenditures by cost center/project, as well as other financial information in a timely and accurate manner.
• Preparation of budget amendments in liaison with the Project Manager & Head Office Administration
• Prepare financial reports and other ad-hoc requirements, for review by the Head Office Administrator
• Organize, scan, archive (hard & soft copy) all receipts and supporting documents
• Apply human resources and procurement procedures
• Continuously stay abreast with CIFA & donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Ensure compliance with CIFA financial policies and procedures.
• Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration and or Management, Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accountancy; or related field;
- Advance Accounting Skills.
- Advance Knowledge of Double-Entry Bookkeeping.
- Good Knowledge of Procedures of Ethiopian Revenue & Customs Authority (ERCA) (is an asset)
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word required;
- Good knowledge of Geez Word;
- Good Knowledge of Internet, Email, Google Drive & other, Communication Platforms (skype, Google meet, zoom, etc…)
- Good Knowledge of Electronic Tax Payment System of Ethiopian Revenue & Customs Authority (ERCA) (is an asset)
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills;
- Good management, administrative and communication skills;
- Must be organized, able to be multi-tasked, flexible, and able to work as a team and individual;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal;
- Minimum 3/5 years of experience in accounting position
- Experience working with NGOs or humanitarian organizations for 3/5 years is an asset;
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their applications through this link https://forms.gle/HX1PeNoFLbNT6RSc8 by 13/07/2022. Please attach your CV, a cover letter, and your highest degree certificate in PDF. Applications should include the contact details of three professional references. One reference must be the applicant’s Immediate supervisor.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.